Monday, January 9, 2023

Manicure Monday: Orly in Space Cadet

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I got this Orly polish long time ago, November 2010, in Chinatown. I don't know why I never reviewed it.
This is Orly in Space Cadet. Since I did a thorough review of Orly in Mirror Mirror, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. It's a duo-chrome.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the brush is a lot thinner and the length is the exact same. The width is on the thin side.
I applied Essie Strong Start Base Coat, two coats of Orly in Space Cadet, and topped all the nails with Orly In A Snap Quick-Dry Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is on the thin side. It's not my type of brush but it is doable. I just didn't clean the brush in the inside of the container. I just used what I pulled from the container. Since the tip is straight, it wasn't the most easiest to paint around the cuticles and sides. This is coming from someone who's not good at painting. If you are a more experience painter, the brush should be fine. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's simple and I like the matte, velvet-like top. It does not get sticky with time. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with painting. It will not get clumpy with usage. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, it's a duo-chrome polish. In certain angles I see purple and another angle I see green. It also has slight glitters, but not to a point you can feel and see it. The glitters do not bother me but most times others do. Would I say the color is unique? Yes, I have not seen this in other brands. It's a great fall and winter color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I saw shrinkage on the second day. I do not know if it's because it's an old polish or it's normally like this. The shrinkage did get slightly bigger but not by much, and I am on my sixth day. I did not see chipping whatsoever. That is pretty impressive for an old polish! I am glad I got this polish. It's unique and it lasts a decent amount of time.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Orly products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polish

Treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...