Monday, August 26, 2019

Manicure Monday: Julep in Lois

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

My friend gifted me this polish from Julep but I cannot remember when. I guess I forgot to take a picture when I received it.

This is Julep in Lois. I couldn't find anything on the website. My guess is it's either discontinued or sold out. I'm guessing the first. Since I did a thorough review of Julep in Renee, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color and it's true to color.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my perfect OPI brush, the width is slightly thinner but not by much. The length is the same.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Madam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Julep in Lois, and then topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the width of the brush is decent. It was wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. The consistency also helped. Since it's more on the liquidity side, it was easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. I have never disliked the packaging of nail polishes. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the liquidity side. I wouldn't say it's thin but it's pretty close. I would say it's in-between thin to medium. Because of the consistency, it went on smoothly. It also was easy to use. It just applied as smooth as possible. There were no streaking whatsoever, as well as, bubbles. Fourth, the color is nice. It's a metallic pinkish-lilac with slight sliver. I wouldn't say the color is unique but it's nice. It's a good spring and summer color. Pigmentation-wise it's decent. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but two layers were good enough on my skin tone. I think it'll look better on darker skin tones. It just blended with my skin tone. Also if you are not a fan of metallic polish, I say pass. Lastly, I didn't see any shrinkage and chipping whatsoever with my naked eyes. The color just blended with my natural fingernail tips. It was hard to notice unless you get really close to the nails. I did notice shrinkage on the picture above. It was taken three days later. I kept forgetting to take pictures. For three days, it was pretty decent in my opinion. I'm glad I got to try this polish. It's a nice consistency and it lasts a decent amount of time.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Julep products reviewed/swatch:
treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...