Monday, August 19, 2019

Manicure Monday: Julep in Dahlia

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I apologize for not being good with keeping up with my blog. After my vacation, I spent over time working and it consumed my energy. Now that I'm adjusting to my job again, I will try my best to keep up with this blog. With that said, I am going to review a nail polish from Julep. A sweet friend gave it to me.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed Julep in Stevie (top middle). For this post, I will review the other nail polish in the top middle.
Here's a closer look at the two polishes from Julep. I already reviewed Julep in Stevie (right). For this post, I will review the nail polish on the left.
This is Julep in Dahlia. I couldn't find anything on the website. My guess is it's either discontinued or sold out. I'm guessing the first. Since I did a thorough review of Julep in Renee, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color and it's true to color.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my perfect OPI brush, the width is slightly thinner but not by much. The length is the same.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original and Madam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat on all my nails. Then I applied two coats of INGLOT in #390 on all the nails except the ring finger. On the ring finger, I applied two coats of Julep in Dahlia. I finished the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is actually decent. It wasn't too thin that I had to do multiple strokes. I did three strokes and moved onto the next nail. It was also easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. I have never disliked any nail polish packaging. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. You can throw it in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is medium. It's creamy and spreads easily. That's another reason it's better to have a thinner width brush than a thicker with this particular color. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no bubbles and streaking. Fourth, the color is pretty. I definitely think it's unique. It's a bronze-like gold. It's on the warm and darker side than a lot of golds I have seen. It'll be a great fall color. It did not match well with the INGLOT nail polish. I definitely think it will look better with other color combination than the one I did. If you don't like glitters, you might want to pass. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but it's pretty decent. Two coats was good enough on my skin tone. Lastly, I saw shrinkage on the fifth day. Since I only painted the ring fingers, I only have two nails to review. One of the nail only shrunk a bit. Even though it shrunk, it's hardly noticeable because of the color. It kind of blends in with the tip of the natural nail. The other finger chipped on one side of the tip. That one did not shrink at all. I thought it was kind of odd. Anyways with that said, I'm glad I got to try this product. If you are into gold, I highly recommend. The color is unique and it lasted a decent amount of time.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Julep products reviewed/swatch:
treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...