Friday, August 10, 2018

Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Minis in Au Naturel Nudes (Bikini Babe, Sugarmama, Girlfriend, and Trendsetter)

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In April 2018, I made a purchase from Sephora.
Here's my haul. I already reviewed Anastasia Soft Glam Eye Shadow Palette (top). For this post, I will review the other one from Huda Beauty on the bottom.
This is Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Minis in Au Naturel Nudes. Since I did a thorough review of Huda Beauty Lip Contour Set in Trendsetter and Bombshell, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the four minis from top to bottom; Trendsetter, Girlfriend, Sugarmama, and Bikini Babe.

Ingredients:

Here's a closer look at Bikini Babe.
Here's a closer look at Sugarmama. I apologize for the dirtiness. It came kind of leak.
Here's a closer look at Girlfriend.
Here's a closer look at Trendsetter. I took the picture from Huda Beauty Lip Contour Set in Trendsetter and Bombshell since I already reviewed this color.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a swatch of all the colors I own on my hand from Huda Beauty from left to right; Bikini Babe, Sugarmama, Bombshell, Girlfriend, and Trendsetter.
Here's how Bikini Babe looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Dose of Colors Block Party Eyeshadow in Lock & Key on the eyes.
Here's how Sugarmama looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Huda Beauty Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette in Smokey on the eyes.
Here's how Girlfriend looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Huda Beauty Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette in Smokey on the eyes.
Here's how Trendsetter looks on me. I took the picture from Huda Beauty Lip Contour Set in Trendsetter and Bombshell since I already reviewed this color.
Here's an overall look with Tarte Make Believe in Yourself Eye & Cheek Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It smells like vanilla and last for couple of minutes. I just sniffed the product and it smells the same as applying. Just to make sure, I sniffed all of them and they all smell the same. Secondly, I still don't own a full-size liquid lipstick from Huda Beauty. Actually, that's a lie. I did buy one I just haven't reviewed it. It's in my bag full of products that have not been open. With that said, I will be reviewing the mini-size liquid lipsticks I own. I, personally, like the packaging. It's simple, clean, and it draws me in. It's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. I also like the see through packaging. Even though it's see through, the colors are so similar it's hard to distinguish them apart. I have to look at the name every time I open one to make sure I grabbed the correct one. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. Plus, it's small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. The doe foot applicator is the typical applicator you find in a lot of liquid lipsticks. It's slanted on one side of the tip. It's easy to outline and fill in the remaining. Third, the consistency is liquidity. I like this type of consistency when it comes to liquid lipsticks. I noticed from my experience and having a lot of lines on my lips, the thinner the consistency less lines once it's dried. Plus, it's best to apply a thin layer. It dries quicker. With that said, it's easy to use. I apply a thin layer and it dries within minutes. Once it dries, it's transfer-proof. Huda Beauty liquid lipsticks is one of the liquid lipsticks I like to wear to work. I don't need to re-apply throughout the day and it doesn't stain my water bottle. I use one of those imitation Hydroflask bottles. Once there's a stain, it takes some effort to remove. For this reason, I don't wear lipstick to work. I only wear liquid lipsticks. It's just more convenient this way. Fourth, the colors range from light to darker nude. Bikini Babe is really light and makes me look sick. It's great with smokey eye makeup. Sugarmama is more a coral with a slight pink nude and I can see myself wearing it. Girlfriend is more a pinkish-brown nude that I can see myself wearing often. Trendsetter is more a terracotta nude. Most of them will look great all year round. I see Trendsetter is best around fall and winter. With that said, my favorites from all five I own are Bombshell, Girlfriend, Sugarmama, Trendsetter, and Bikini Babe. I can see myself wear Bombshell and Girlfriend often. The rest won't get that much love or at least I think so. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. It's not the most pigmented but one layer is good enough to show on my skin. Lastly, they all last until I eat. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth after I eat. For this reason, most liquid lipsticks don't last long on me. They're light-wight, comfortable, and not drying at all. I do not see any white residue in the center of the lips. It should tell you I like these liquid lipsticks since I keep buying them.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Huda Beauty products reviewed/swatch:
Liquid Matte Lipstick

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...