Friday, August 31, 2018

Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lip Kit in Candy K.

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In May 2017, I bought some products from Kylie Cosmetics.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lip Kit in Maliboo (left) and Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lip Kit in Ginger (left). For this post, I will review another of Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lip Kit (left).
This is Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lip Kit in Candy K. Since I did a thorough review of Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lip Kit in Maliboo, I will base on this.

Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Here's a closer look at the liquid lipstick.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "warm pinky nude" and I have to agree.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a closer look at the pencil.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a swatch of the liquid lipsticks I own from left to right; Maliboo, Candy K., and Ginger.
Here's a swatch of the lip pencils I own from left to right; Maliboo, Candy K., and Ginger.
Here's how the lip pencil in Candy K. looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Huda Beauty Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette in Smokey on the eyes.
Here's how the liquid lipstick in Candy K. looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Huda Beauty Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette in Smokey on the eyes.
Here's how the lip pencil in Candy K. all over the lips and then topped with liquid lipstick in Candy K. looks on me. Sorry it's not the best application ever.
Here's an overall look with Huda Beauty Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette in Smokey on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying when it comes to the lip liner. Liquid lipstick, on the other hand, has a scent while applying. It's slightly fruity but also smells like vanilla. I just sniffed the product and the liquid lipstick does smell like vanilla. Secondly, I like the packaging of both the pencil and liquid lipstick. The pencil looks like most lip pencils I own except it has a matching color at the end. It's a good thing if you own more than one lip pencils from Kylie Cosmetics. You can distinguish them apart from the ends. With that said, the top is sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I put the lid on and take it off. The packaging of the liquid lipstick is cool with the design. The design fits perfectly with this modern time. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I also like the applicator. It looks like an applicator you find in a lot of liquid lipsticks. It's slanted on one side of the tip. It's easy to outline and fill in the remaining. I cannot see both the pencil and the liquid lipstick open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. Both of them are small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even the pocket. Third, the pencil is creamy and it's easy to line the lips. Since the pencil is on the thin side, it does take some effort if you are coloring the entire lips. With that said, it's easy to use. Actually, they're both easy to use. The liquid lipstick is liquidity like most liquid lipsticks. Once you apply, it applies liquidity but it doesn't run. Once it's on, it takes couple of minutes before it dries matte. When it's dries, it's transfer-proof. Since it adheres to the lips, you need to exfoliate beforehand. It will show all the fine and thick lines. You need to keep your natural lips as smooth as possible and hydrated. It will show all your flaws. Fourth, I like the colors of both the lip pencil and liquid lipstick. They are not the same but are close in color. I think the pencil is slightly more brighter and on the pink/rose side. Combined, both lip pencil and liquid lipstick, I wasn't a big fan. For some reason, the combination look thicker on the lips and doesn't adhere to the lips than by itself. It also could be I'm not applying it correctly. With that said, it's great all year. It's a natural color that you can wear all year round. It's also a great work lip color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. It's not the most pigmented but one layer was good enough to show on my lips. Lastly, it's lasts until I eat. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth after each meal. For this reason, most colors don't last that long on me. It's comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. In my opinion, it's not the best liquid lipsticks I own but I like it. From the three colors I have tried so far, I like Candy K. and Ginger the best. Maliboo is nice but not everyone can pull the color off.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Kylie Cosmetics products reviewed/swatch:
Matte Lip Kit

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...