Monday, October 5, 2015

Manicure Monday: Orly in Mirror Mirror

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I can't remember if I bought this polish from Marshal or TJ Maxx (they're right next to each other). Anyways, I'm going to review a polish from Orly.

Product Review: Orly in Mirror Mirror

Where to purchase: ULTA, and online at orlybeauty.com
Price: $8.50 for 0.6 fl oz/ 18 mL

Made in USA

Thoughts: Before I talk about the nail polish, this is an older bottle. You can check out the newer version from the website.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "grey creme" and I agree!
Here's a look at the brush. Compared to my perfect medium brush (OPI), this is really thin but the length is the same.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Formula X For Sephora Base Coat, 2 coats of Orly in Mirror Mirror, and topped it off with Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all since this is an older polish or I'm guessing from the older version bottle, it didn't look thick when I purchased it. It was creamy and the consistency was medium, not too thick and not too thin. Now that I have used it, it wasn't that creamy while applying. It looks creamy on the brush but once applied, it didn't go on smoothly. Thankfully if you apply top coat right after the polish, it smooths out the non-smooth polish. With that said, there was no bubbles and streaking. Secondly, I wasn't a fan of the brush. I had to apply a lot of strokes with the thin brush. It reminded me of Essie and why I'm not a big fan. I like stroking several times on each nails and that's it. It might have to do with laziness. Third, I'm loving the color. It's a great fall, perfect grey color. Lastly, it actually lasted a good amount of days. It lasted 5 days before I noticed chipping at the tips. Most of the chips are at the bottom corners. There's hardly any chipping in the center tip, as well as, shrinkage.

Pros:
* Rubber-like top; easy to grab and polish.
* Medium consistency; not too thick and not too thin.
* Easy to apply.
* Creamy texture.
* No bubbles.
* No streaking.
* Gorgeous, fall color!
* Last 5 days before chipping at the corner tips.
* No shrinkage.

Cons:
* Thin brush; many strokes when it comes to painting.
* Application wasn't smooth on mine.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Orly products reviewed/swatch:
Treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...