Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Sephora Lip Mask in Shea

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In November 2019, I purchased some products from Sephora.
Here's my haul. I already reviewed Patrick Ta Monochrome Moment Silky Lip Creme in She's Independent (bottom right) and Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Supercharged Lipstick Set (top right). For this post, I will review one of the mask from the kit from Sephora on the left.
It came with eight different types of mask. I already reviewed Sephora Face Mask in Lychee (bottom first), and Sephora Hand Mask in Aloe Vera (top fourth). For this post, I will review the lip mask bottom fourth.
Product Review: Sephora Lip Mask in Shea

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at sephora.com
Price: $3

Made for Korea

Description on the package: A bio-cellulose mask that adheres perfectly to the lips and their contours for top-notch results in just 15 minutes. A shot of serious skincare and fun!
Ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Propanediol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Olive Oil Glycereth-8 Esters, Phenoxyethanol, Arginine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Allantoin, Panthenol, Sodium Saccharin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter Extract (Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract), Leontopodium Alpinum Extract, CI 17200 (Red 33), Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Tocopherol.
Thoughts: I've always been curious about lip masks and this gave me an opportunity to try it.
Here's a closer look at the lip mask.
Here's how the mask looks on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent initially. After couple minutes, you don't notice the scent at all. Since it's so light, you cannot distinguish the smell. I just sniffed the product, and it has a slight muskiness but on the floral side. I usually don't like muskiness but this isn't bad. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's simple and professional looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of foil-like packaging. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. The dimension of the mask is big and wide. It covers all my lips and more. I guess that is a good thing. There's also a cut in the middle. I think the cut is for you to breathe or at least that's what I think. The thickness of the mask is medium. It's easy to unfold without the fear of ripping. It also comes with a backing and a front. You remove the backing and apply that side on the lips. It has a slight sticky texture that makes it easy to stick on your lips and not worry about it falling off. You can do other things while masking your lips. Third, there's some leftover essence in the package. On the mask itself you barely feel it but you know it's there. In all honesty, I was expecting a gel-like lip mask but it's more a consistency of a sheet mask. With that said, it's easy to use. After cleansing, I applied the lip mask. I actually scrubbed my lips with a lip exfoliator and a brush to prep for the mask. I masked for 15 minutes as the direction says. It's not sticky, not greasy, and comfortable. To be honest, I couldn't tell the difference before and after. I'm wondering if it has to do with exfoliating my lips beforehand. It made my lips soft and it felt the same afterwards. Lastly, my lips felt the same the next morning as it normally does. I'm glad I got to try this product. I have always been curious. To me, I did not see any differences. For this reason, I have to pass.

Pros:
* Shea ingredient.
* Slight scent initially.
* Simple and professional packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Big and wide dimension.
* Covers lips and more.
* Cute in the middle to breathe.
* Medium thickness; won't rip while unfolding.
* Comes with a backing and front.
* Slight sticky texture to stick on lips; will not fall.
* Leftover essence in the package.
* Easy to use.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Comfortable.

Cons:
* Barely any essence on the mask.
* Did not feel the difference beforehand and after.
* Lips felt the same as normal the next morning.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  2.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Sephora products reviewed/swatch:
Crystal Serum Roller 
Rose Quartz
Face Mask
Lychee
Fiber Mask
Hand Mask

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...