Friday, January 8, 2021

Christophe Robin Regenerating Hair Mask

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In October 2016, I purchased Play! By Sephora October 2016.
Here are the deluxe samples I received. For this post, I will review the hair product from Christophe Robin on the top left.
Product Review: Christophe Robin Regenerating Hair Mask

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at christopherobin.com
Price: $56.80 in 250 mL/8.33 fl oz

Made in Italy

Description from the website: This mask's creamy formula absorbs perfectly into hair for a deep and lasting action from root to tip. Repairs, smoothes and protects in just a few minutes, for hair that feels truly sumptuous.
Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Inula Crithmoide Leaf/Flower Extract, Opuntia Ficus Indica Seed Oil, Behenyl/Stearyl Aminopropanediol Esters, Opuntia Ficus Indica Fruit Extract, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Disodium Edta, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydroxycitronellal, Coumarin, Limonene, Caramel, Tocopherol, Linalool, Geraniol
Thoughts: When I first received this product, I didn't know what to do with it. At that time I didn't use hair mask. I felt my hair was healthy. With all the bleaching and hair dyes, my hair needs a lot of hydration. For this reason, I decided to give this a try.
Here's a closer look inside.
Here's a swatch of the hair mask on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a strong scent while using. It's on the perfume side. Also, it's kind of musky. I just sniffed the product and it smells how it's applied. It's not my type of scent. I don't like musky scents. I'm more a fruity/floral type of person. If you like musky scents, this might be a good one for you. Secondly, I cannot say about the full-size product since I don't own one. From what I see from the website, it's either thick plastic or glass. I can only talk about the deluxe sample I received. To be honest, it's not attractive to my eyes. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. You can throw it in your purse and bag. I do recommend using a Ziploc bag. You can feel a slight greasiness on the outside of the packaging. It's from touching the package while grabbing the product from the inside. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It reminds me of a hair conditioner. Instead of it coming in a tube, it's in a tub. It's not too thick that it's hard to put into your hair. It's also not too thin that it runs while applying. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. After shampooing, I apply the conditioner from top to bottom and concentrating mostly on the bottom. Then I pin my hair up and wait about 5 minutes or more. It doesn't say on the websites how long to have it masking in your hair. Then I rinse my hair like I do with a conditioner. Once out of the shower, I do my normal routine by towel drying and brushing through the hair. This is how I base if the mask works or not, if the comb and brush brushes through my hair easily. I have not cut my hair since Covid hit. It's been more than a year and the ends need some love. If I use a conditioner, I would struggle combing the ends even with the Wet Brush. This particular hair mask has been helping. It's easier to comb through the ends with this mask compared to a conditioner. Compared to other hair masks I have used, the others are easier to comb through. Also, the ends do not feel as soft as the other hair masks but it is softer than the conditioner. For this reason, it's slightly hydrating. Lastly, my hair feels consistent until the next time I shower. I am glad I got to try this product. I think it's an alright product but for the price, I do not know.

Pros:
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy and medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Slightly hydrating.
* Helps comb through the hair.

Cons:
* Costly.
* Strong musky, perfume-like scent.
* Not the most attractive packaging.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...