Monday, January 18, 2021

Manicure Monday: Julep in Millie

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

For this post, it is a repeat of Julep in Millie that I reviewed in January 2019.
This is Julep in Millie. I did not find it on the website. It's either sold out or discontinued. I think it's the second but I could be wrong. Since I did a thorough review of Julep in Renee, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. It is darker on the nails than from the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the brush is thinner but the length is the same. I would say the brush is on the thin side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Julep in Millie, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is on the thin side. It's not my type of brush but it was doable. I think it had to do with the consistency. When the consistency is smoother, it just applies easier or it might just be me. I was able to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. With that said, it was easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. I usually find the curve tip easier to work with. Even though it's a straight tip, it wasn't bad. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's thin and long. It's different from other nail polish packaging. I like the uniqueness. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while painting. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with painting. It will not get clumpy with usage. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is a pretty navy color. It's not too dark that you see black. It's also not too light that it's blue. It's a perfect navy. It's a great color for fall and winter season. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I saw shrinkage around the fourth day. It's very minimal. After the shrinkage, I noticed chipping on the sides of the tips. On the fifth day, the chipping got big. I'm glad I got this product. It's a very pretty color but I don't think it's unique.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Julep products reviewed/swatch:
treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...