Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Sephora Face Mask in Lychee

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In November 2019, I purchased some products from Sephora.

Here's my haul. I already reviewed Patrick Ta Monochrome Moment Silky Lip Creme in She's Independent (bottom right) and Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Supercharged Lipstick Set (top right). For this post, I will review one of the mask from the kit from Sephora on the left.
It came with eight different types of mask. For this post, I will review the face mask bottom first.
Product Review: Sephora Face Mask in Lychee

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at sephora.com
Price: $5.50

Made for Taiwan

Description from the package: A second-skin plant-derived fiber support, a thirst-quenching texture and concentrates super-ingredient formulae for visible results in just 15 minutes. A shot of serious skincare and fun! Lychee, with its quenching properties, protects the skin from drying out.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: I've been curious to try the Sephora masks and this gave me a chance to try different kinds. I choose the face mask since it's the one thing I use all the time, as well as, I'm curious about the lychee. I love the fruit lychee to a point I'm obsessed.
Here's a closer look at the sheet mask.
Here's how the mask looks on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while using. It's so light you cannot distinguish the smell. I just sniffed the product and it has a floral smell to it. I would have not thought it was lychee since lychee is more of a fruit. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's so girly and pink. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of foil-like. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. The dimension of the mask is alright. The length from forehead to chin, as well as, cheek to cheek fit my face perfectly. I wish it was slightly bigger though. I rather cover everything and more than leave some space. If your face is longer and wider than mine, this might not fit you. Even though it fit my face perfectly, the four corners (sides of the forehead and sides of the jawline) were too small for my face. The dimension of the nose and the cut around the mouth was really good. I like how the nose had a tip and it wasn't cut horizontally straight. The thickness of the mask is in-between medium to thick. You can unfold without the fear of ripping. It also comes with a backing. The backing is actually pink and the mask itself is white. I found that interesting because I was expecting the opposite; the mask would be pink and the backing be white. The backing helps spread the mask easily on the skin. You apply the mask part on the face and then pull the backing. The backing comes with ears on the corners of the forehead. You grab that part and pull. Third, there was a decent amount of leftover essence. I used the leftover essence on my neck and chest. With that said, it's easy to use. After cleansing, I masked for 30 minutes. The direction said to do it for 15 but I'm used to masking for 30. My skin absorbed the essence from the mask like no other. It stuck to my skin so well that I felt like I was pulling glue off my skin. Once I removed the mask, my skin looked brighter. I don't think it's a brightening mask but it felt like it. It was not sticky, not greasy, and extremely comfortable. Since it hydrated my skin, my fine and thick lines were less noticeable. Lastly, my skin looked good the next morning. It looked youthful and smooth. The fine lines started to appear but that's with every sheet mask I have used. I'm glad I got to try this mask. Unfortunately, I cannot find it on the website except in kits. It's either only sold in kits or discontinued. I'm not too sure but I do recommend this mask. It's good for all skin types.

Pros:
* Slight scent while using.
* Girly and pink packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Dimension of the mask is alright; fit my face perfectly.
* Dimension of the nose and cut around the mouth is good.
* Tip of the nose isn't cut horizontally straight.
* Thickness if in-between medium to thick; can unfold without fear of ripping.
* Comes with a backing; helps spread easily on the skin.
* Backing has ears on the corners of the forehead; makes it easy to pull.
* Decent amount of leftover essence.
* Easy to use.
* Absorbs the essence easily.
* Skin looked brighter.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Extremely comfortable.
* Hydrating.
* Less noticeable fine and thick lines.
* Looks good the next morning.
* Skin looks youthful.
* Skin looks smooth.
* Great for all skin types.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Four corners of the mask is too small; sides of the forehead and sides of the jawline.
* Mask stuck to my skin like glue.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Sephora products reviewed/swatch:
Crystal Serum Roller 
Rose Quartz
Fiber Mask

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...