Monday, November 12, 2018

Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In April 2017, I purchased Play! By Sephora April 2017.

Here are the deluxe samples. For this post, I will review the Sephora remover on the top left.
Product Review: Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at sephora.com
Price: $11 for 4.2 oz/ 125 mL (mine is a deluxe sample)

Made in France

Description from the website:
What it is:
A waterproof eye makeup remover suitable for contact lens wearers and those with sensitive eyes.

What it does:
This do-it-all formula removes waterproof makeup and contains a lash-strengthening complex that's rich in flavonoids and olive wood extracts.

What is is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
HydroSenn+ is a plant-derived ingredient exclusive to Sephora that leaves skin feeling soft and luxuriously comfortable. This product is ophthalmologist tested and suits sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. It is not tested on animals.
Ingredients:
-HydroSenn+: Moisturizes intensely; forms a protective barrier on the skin's surface to retain water for optimal moisture that lasts all day.
-Procapil®: Supports natural lash growth.
-Cornflower Extract: Softens and soothes skin.
-Pro-vitamin B5: Supports natural cell renewal and has moisturizing properties.

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Butylene Glycol, Dipotassium Phosphate, Caprylyl Glycol, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Maltodextrin, Disodium EDTA, Panthenol, Poloxamer 184, Hydroxycetyl Hydroxyethyl Dimonium Chloride, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, CI 61570 (Green 5), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Apigenin, Oleanolic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1, BHT.

Thoughts: To be honest when I received this deluxe sample, I wasn't too sure what to think. I wanted to transition from eye makeup remover to micellar water and apparently still do. I'm just trying to finish all the eye makeup removers I own before I completely transition.
Here's a closer look of the separation of the oil (top) from the liquid (bottom).
Here's a closer look when the oil is mixed with the liquid.
Here's a closer look at the opening. I'm not too sure how the opening is for the original size.
Here's a swatch on a cotton pad.
Here's one swipe of remover on a cotton pad. I drew a heart with a liquid eyeliner. I swiped right in the middle of the heart.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's a slight scent. It smells like oil. You know that greasy scent you smell from oil. Secondly, I cannot say much about the original size. I have not seen it in person. I can only mention the deluxe sample. It's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. I do recommend putting it in a bag before traveling. You never know and the grease spilling on your clothes/bag might not be a good thing. I'm sure the original size remover has a bigger opening. Since this is a deluxe sample, the opening is extremely small and not the most convenient when trying to get the product onto a cotton pad. Third, the consistency is liquidity with slight oil. It has same consistency with a lot of oil-based removers. The only difference is the product is blue. I actually find it fun and makes it easy to see on the cotton pad. It's also easier to know how much quantity you are getting. Even though it's an oil-based remover, it's not that oily when you apply it on the eyes. You can slightly feel the oil but it's not comparable to some oil removers. With that said, it's easy to use. I just mix the bottle to mix the oil with the blue liquid. Then I pour some product onto a cotton pad. I leave it on my eye for couple of seconds. I want the remover to loosen all the eye makeup from eyeshadow to mascara. My target is to loosen the mascara, as well as, the gel eyeliner. I don't want to have the panda eyes. I want the look to be clean and make sure there's no left over makeup. Then I wipe the eyes and I make sure to get the remaining makeup I see. It's light-weight, comfortable, not completely greasy, and it doesn't leave any residue form the remover. Best of all, it really does a good job of removing makeup. Lastly, I'm glad I got this product. It's a good eye makeup remover. The only reason I don't want to repurchase is that I'm trying to transition to micellar water. I feel like micellar water does the same job as any face remover from eye makeup to wipes. I just don't want multiple products. I want to simplify my life. Plus, wipes feel like I'm not helping the environment. Yes, I know I'm using cotton pads but it feels like it's more earth friendlier than wipes. It's all mental!

Pros:
* No scent while applying.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Consistency is liquidity with slight oil.
* Product is blue; easy to see on the cotton pad, as well as, the quantity you are pouring.
* Not oily on the eyes.
* Easy to use.
* Loosens mascara and gel eyeliner.
* Light-weight.
* Comfortable.
* No residue.
* Removes makeup.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Not the most easiest to get the product onto a cotton pad with this deluxe sample.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Sephora products reviewed/swatch:
Fiber Mask

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...