Monday, February 29, 2016

Manicure Monday: Ciate in Candy Floss

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Please don't forget to enter JORD $25 E-gift Card. It's good until end of March, 2016.

Please don't forget to enter Stilazzi Eyeshadows and Blush Refills Giveaway. It ends March 8, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PST (Pacific time).


At the end of last year (2015), I bought some Ciate nail polishes. For this post, I will talk about the pink one I picked out.

This is Ciate in Candy Floss. Since I did a thorough review of Ciate in Plastic Fantastic, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the polish. The website describes it as "this colour is as yummy as its name, prepare yourself for a sugar high with this gorgeous pastel pink that will add some fun to any look." I agree with the description.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite brush OPI, it's slightly wider and slightly shorter. It's also curve instead of a straight blunt.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Seche Clear Crystal Clear Base Coat, 2 coats of Ciate in Candy Floss, and then topped it off with CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I really love the brush. It's my type of brush; couple strokes and done to the next nail. It's quick and easy around the cuticles. Secondly, the consistency is in-between thin to medium. Even though the brush is wide enough, I can still take my time without worrying it'll dry while painting. With that said, it went on smoothly and there were no streaking and bubbles. Third, I've never been a fan of pink nail polishes except when I was young in elementary. For some reason end of last year (2015), I've been into pink polishes. I'm not too sure why but all I have to say, hello pink. With that said, it's a gorgeous spring color. Lastly, I was impressed with the longevity. I noticed chipping on the seventh day. I usually take my polishes off  in weekly basis but I couldn't this time around. It wasn't even huge chunks. It was more a shrinkage. With that said, this polish didn't shrink within the week.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Ciate products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polishes
Plastic Fantastic

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...