Friday, February 21, 2020

Pat McGrath Labs Eye Ecstasy Eye Shadow Palette in Sublime

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

End of last year, December 2019, I made some purchase from Sephora.

Here's my haul. For this post, I will review the eyeshadow palette from Pat McGrath Labs on the left.
Product Review: Pat McGrath Labs Eye Ecstasy Eye Shadow Palette in Sublime

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at patmcgrath.com
Price: $28 for 5 x 1 g/ 0.035 oz

Made in USA

Description from the package: Lavish eyes with this portable palette of gleaming metallic shades. Unlock Pat McGrath's signature approach to mesmerizing and transfixing beauty, achieving single swipe saturation at the touch of a finger.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: When I first saw this online, I wasn't too sure what to think. I bought a lipstick from this brand and the packaging was not that great. For the price, you expect better. It left a sour taste and for that reason, I wasn't too sure if I wanted to try this eyeshadow palette. I decided to try after reading great reviews.
Here's a closer look at the packaging.
Here's how it looks inside.
Here's a closer look at the five eyeshadows from left to right and top to bottom; Sinful, Gold Nectar, Sextrovert, Illicit, and Corruption.
Here's a closer look at one of the eyeshadows. This is Sinful.
Here's a swatch of the eyeshadows from left to right; Sinful, Gold Nectar, Sextrovert, Illicit, and Corruption.

Now for looks I created...
Look #1:
I blended the crease with Memebox Pony Shine Easy Glam Eyeshadow Palette 1 and applied Sinful on the lids. Then I darkened the outer v with Illicit.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour in Topped With Brandy on the lips.

Look #2:
I blended the crease with Memebox Pony Shine Easy Glam Eyeshadow Palette 1 and applied Gold Nectar on the lids. Then I darkened the outer v with Illicit.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Torte on the lips.

Look #3:
I blended the crease with Memebox Pony Shine Easy Glam Eyeshadow Palette 1 and applied Sextrovert on the lids. Then I applied Corruption in the center of the lids and darkened the outer v with Illicit.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Supercharged Lipstick in Cocoa Bite on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and there's a slight scent. It's so light you cannot distinguish but it has an old smell to it. Honestly, I wished I didn't smell it. If I didn't smell it, I wouldn't have known. Now I regret it because I'm thinking worst of this product then I did before writing this review. Secondly, I don't know what to think about the packaging. It's all over the place to be honest. It comes in a gold plastic bag with a lot of gold confetti. It's pretty to be honest, but I threw the gold confetti away. I didn't know what to do with it. I know some people put it a container but that will take up space in my room. I already have way too many things. I just don't need more unwanted stuff. Now for the eyeshadow palette itself, I'm also mixed. It comes in a simple plastic container. For a drugstore brand, I can understand but this is on the pricey side. I feel like it's cheap for the price I pay for. I think they could have done better or at least that's my opinion. With that said, it is sturdy. It does have a sturdy closure. You can feel a tight seal, as well as, a clicking noise when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. If you are looking for a palette with a mirror, this doesn't come with one. It also doesn't have a brush. Third, the consistency is buttery soft. It feels good in-between the fingers. Even though it's buttery soft, it is compacted. There are hardly any loose fall outs in the palette. With that said, it's easy to use. The brush picks up the shadows easily and applies smoothly on the lids. Not only that, you can use your fingers if you don't own a brush. It blends well and doesn't look like one color on the lid. You can see the transition of colors from one to another. Fourth, the colors are pretty and on the warm side. It has golds and copper. To be honest, the red stands out. It's definitely unique with the color choices. It's great for summer, fall, and winter. Also, all the colors are metallic. If you are not a shiny type of person, this palette isn't for you. I love my shiny shadows on the lids. That is why I mix it with matte shadows on the crease. Pigmentation-wise it is up there. I was impressed because you did not have to layer for it to show. One or two layers were good enough on my skin tone. Lastly, they lasted all day on me. It looked like how I first applied them. Also, there were no creasing, smudging, and fading. Then again I have dry skin. Most products last all day on me. I'm glad I got this palette. I love the colors, how easy it is to use, and how pigmented it is. I'm disappointed with the packaging and the smell. This is my second product from this brand and both times the packaging disappointed me. They really need to work on that especially since it is not on the cheap side.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while using.
* Spent on outside packaging; comes in a gold plastic bag with confetti.
* Sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy closure; can feel a tight seal and clicking noise when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Buttery soft consistency.
* Compacted.
* Hardly any loose fall outs.
* Easy to use.
* Easily picks up shadows.
* Applies smoothly.
* Blends well.
* Can see the transition of colors; doesn't look like one on the lids.
* Pretty, metallic shadows on the warm side.
* Great for summer, fall, and winter.
* Pigmented.
* Lasted all day without creasing, smudging, and fading.

Cons:
* Costly.
* Smells old when you sniff the eyeshadows.
* Cheap packaging; comes in a plastic container.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Pat McGrath Labs products reviewed/swatch:
Mattetrance Lipstick

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...