Friday, October 18, 2019

Lime Crime Plushies Soft Focus Lip Veil in Milk Tea

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bough with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I purchased some products from ULTA on February 2018.

Here's my haul. I already reviewed Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink in Driver (middle) and Anastasia Matte Lipstick Set in Nudes (top left). For this post, I will review the lip product from Lime Crime on the bottom left.
Product Review: Lime Crime Plushies Soft Focus Lip Veil in Milk Tea

Where to purchase: online at limecrime.com
Price: $20 for 0.11 fl oz/ 3.5 mL

Made in USA

Description from the website: Plushies (from plushy: a softy toy) are the new generation of nude lips. Non-opaque, soft focus formula enhances natural lip color while making your lips look as plush as a teddy bear!
Ingredients:
Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Kaolin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Paraffin, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Stearic Acid, Propylene Carbonate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Flavor (Aroma). May Contain/Peut Contenir [+/-]: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).
Thoughts: To be honest, I was not too sure about purchasing this product. What convince me were the reviews on ULTA website. A lot of people seemed to like this product. It didn't hurt to try.
Here's a closer look at the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "sheer mauve" and I have to agree.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's how the lip product looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Anastasia Sultry Eye Shadow Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. Since it's light, it's hard to distinguish the smell. I just sniffed the product and it smells sweet. It reminds me of candy more than anything. I'm not too sure what type. The scent lingers for several minutes. Since I actually don't mind the scent, it doesn't bother me. Secondly, I love the packaging. The bear on top is so cute! With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. The applicator is the same that you will find in a lot of liquid lipsticks. It's slanted one one side of the tip. The tip makes it easy to outline the lips and the flat surface to fill in the remaining. Third, the consistency is liquidity. It definitely feels like a liquid lipstick. It's glides on and doesn't tug on the lips. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on glossy and dries within minutes. Once it dried, it's matte on the lips. It's also transfer-proof. I just kissed the top of my hand and it did not leave any mark. Since it adhere's to your lips, I highly recommend exfoliating and hydrating before using this product. It will show your imperfections. Even though it shows my fine lines, it looks airbrushed. I have never seen that in a liquid lipstick before. This looks amazing on the lips! It's light-weight, not sticky, not greasy, and it doesn't feel like you are wearing anything on the lips. Fourth, the color is so pretty. It's a gorgeous, natural looking mauve. It's great all year round. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. It's not the most pigmented but it's doable. One layer is good enough on my skin tone. It all depends how much you initially apply. You can use a thin layer for a natural look and a thicker layer for more color. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, most colors don't last that long on me. If you don't wipe your mouth, it should last longer. It's extremely comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm so glad I got this product. I love it a lot! The way it looks is amazing, the color, and how it's transfer-proof. The only reason why I took half a star off is that I saw and felt oil on the side of the packaging. I hope not but I think it might be leaking somewhere. I might have gotten a bad batch.

Pros:
* Slight scent while applying.
* Love the cute packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Easy to use applicator; tip to outline and flat surface to fill in the remaining.
* Liquidity consistency.
* Glides on.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Easy to use.
* Dries within minutes.
* Matte.
* Transfer-proof.
* Looks airbrushed.
* Looks amazing on the lips.
* Light-weight.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Doesn't feel like you are wearing anything.
* Gorgeous, natural looking color.
* Great all year.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Lasted until I ate.
* Vegan.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Oil residue on the side of the packaging.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Lime Crime products reviewed/swatch:
Lipstick
Babette
Nail Polish
Crema De Limon

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bough with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...