Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Tatcha Indigo Soothing Silk Body Butter

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In 2016, I was fortunate to receive Allure Beauty Box Complimentary.
Here are the products in the box. For this post, I will review the body butter from Tatcha on the middle right.

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at tatcha.com
Price: $48 for 200 mL/ 6.8 fl oz

Made in Japan

Description from the website: A body moisturizer designed to hydrated and soothe even the most sensitive, irritated skin.
Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propanediol, Diisostearyl Malate, Myristyl Myristate, Xylitol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Colloidal Oatmeal, Polygonum Tinctorium Leaf/Stem Extract, Indigofera Tinctoria Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Oil, Inositol, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Sericin, Algae Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine, Beheneth-20, Sorbitan Tristearate, Sodium Polyacrylate Starch, Microcrystalline Wax, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Disodium Edta, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Dimethylacrylamide Crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Mica (Ci 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Tin Oxide (Ci 77861)
Thoughts: When I received this product, I was excited to try this product. I heard so many great things about this brand, and this was my first product from the brand. The reason it took me so long to try it is because I completely forgot. If you saw my room, it's understandable.
Here's a closer look inside the packaging. If they protected the sample size with a plastic lid, I'm sure they did the full size.
Here's a closer look of the body butter inside the packaging.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It's so slight that it's hard to distinguish. I just sniffed the product and it has a refreshing, floral scent. It reminds me more of a body wash scent than something I would expect on a body moisturizer. Even though the scent is unexpected, it's doable. Secondly, I cannot say the packaging of the full size since I have never own this product. I can only speak of the sample size I received. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's small enough to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is in-between thin to medium. It doesn't look like other body butters I have tried or any body moisturizer. It's looks more like a gel. It is not a gel but you can understand where the silky in the title of the product comes from. It is soft in-between the fingers that it feels like silk. It's definitely an unique consistency. The color is also unique. It is blue in the container. The first application on the skin is still blue. Once you start massaging the product into the skin, it becomes invisible. It blends with the skin and does not leave a stain. It's kind of fun watching the color change or at least for me. With that said, it's easy to use. I dig into the container with my fingers and grab the product. Then I massage into my skin. It's that easy. Going back to the consistency. Since it's in-between thin to medium, it's light-weight. It doesn't feel like you are wearing anything. Not only that, I was not expecting it to be hydrating. I was shocked how hydrating this body butter is! It hydrated me in-between showers. I only moisturize my body after I shower. If it dries my skin in-between showers, then I know it's not a product for me. This light-weight moisturizer kept me hydrated and I did not feel any tightness whatsoever. Not only that, a little goes a long way with this product. A small amount of product spreads easily. It leaves a slight, shiny, silky texture. It's not sticky, not greasy, and extremely comfortable. It does take some time to absorb onto the skin but once it's absorbed, it doesn't feel like you are wearing any moisturizer at all. Lastly, I'm glad I got to try this product. It's a good moisturizer. The only thing holding me back from purchasing is the price. I believe there are a lot of body moisturizers out in the market that does the same thing but for cheaper.

Pros:
* Slight scent while applying.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* In-between thin to medium consistency.
* Feels like silk.
* Unique consistency.
* Unique color.
* Does not leave a stain.
* Easy to use.
* Light-weight.
* Hydrating.
* A little goes a long way with this product.
* Spreads easily.
* Leaves a slight, shiny, silky texture.
* Not stocky.
* Not greasy.
* Comfortable.

Cons:
* Take some time to absorb.
* Costly.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...