Friday, October 11, 2019

Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lip Kit in Kylie

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In August 2019, Kylie Cosmetics had a sale on their Matte Lip Kits.

I took advantage and bought myself some. For this post, I will review the lip kit on the left.
This is Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lip Kit in Kylie. Since I did a thorough review of Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lip Kit in Maliboo, I will base on this.

Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Here's a closer look at the liquid lipstick.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "a soft dusty nude." I don't know if I agree. I think it's more a soft pink.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a closer look at the pencil.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here are the swatches of the liquid lipsticks I have reviewed on my hand from left to right; Maliboo, Candy K., Kylie, and Ginger.
Here are the swatches of the lip pencils I have reviewed on my hand from left to right: Maliboo, Candy K., Kylie, and Ginger.
Here's how the liquid lipstick looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Morphe 35F Fall Into Frost Artistry Palette on the eyes.
Here's how the lip pencil looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Morphe 35F Fall Into Frost Artistry Palette on the eyes.
Here's how the liquid lipstick on top of the lip pencil looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Morphe 35F Fall Into Frost Artistry Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a scent while applying when it comes to the liquid lipstick. It's fruity but on the other hand it smells like vanilla. I just sniffed the product and it smells exactly how it's applied. The scent only lasts for couple of minutes. It's not my type of scent but it's doable. When it comes to the lip pencil, there is no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I like the packaging of the liquid lipstick and lip liner. I like the design on the liquid lipstick. It's simple but stands out. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. The lip pencil is also sturdy. This is my fourth kit from Kylie Cosmetics that I have reviewed. I have never had this issue until this particular lip pencil. The top does not stay put. I honestly think I got a bad batch. Other than the pencil, I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. It comes in a typical doe foot applicator that you see in a lot of liquid lipsticks. I use the slanted tip to outline the lip, and the flat to fill in the remaining. Third, the consistency is creamy for both the liquid lipstick and lip pencil. They both glide on and do not tug on the lips. With that said, it's easy to use. The lip pencil is a typical pencil. It's like every other lip liners out in the market. It does not stand out or at least to me. The liquid lipstick dries quickly. I would say within couple of minutes. Once it's dried, it's matte and transfer-proof. I just kissed the top of my hand and I did not see any kiss mark. When it comes to liquid lipsticks, you need to exfoliate and hydrate before using the product. Since it adheres to your lips, it will show its imperfections. It depends on the brand. Some will only show the fine lines and other will show the thick lines. This only shows the fine lines and I prefer that over thick. It's light-weight, not sticky, not greasy, and it doesn't feel like you are wearing anything. Fourth, I found the colors for the lip liner and liquid lipstick interesting. They are not close in colors but the lip pencil softens the liquid lipstick. The liquid lipstick is on the pink side. It's definitely not my type of color. The pencil on the other hand is my color. I tend to like warm neutral colors. When you combine, it softens the pink. I still don't like the color that much. If you like pink, this will be good for you. With that said, it's good all year round. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but one coat is good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, most lip colors don't last that long on me. If you don't wipe your mouth, it should last longer. It's comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got to try this product. I choose this color because it's one of Kylie's favorites. It might be hers but it definitely isn't mine. From the ones I have tried, this is my least favorite color. Other than the color and the top of the lip pencil, it's a good brand.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Kylie Cosmetics products reviewed/swatch:
KyShadow
Matte Lip Kit
Velvet Liquid Lipstick

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...