Friday, October 4, 2019

Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Pillow Talk

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In August 2019, Sephora had promotional discount on the website and I took part.

Here are the products I got. For this post, I will review the lipstick from Charlotte Tilbury on the middle right.
Product Review: Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Pillow Talk

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at charlottetilbury.com
Price: $34 for 35 g/ 0.12 oz

Made in Italy

Description from the package: A cashmere cream texture with a soft matte finish, enriched with papaya and orchid.
Ingredients:
Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Dimethicone, Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Polybutene, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Dicalcium Phosphate, Ethyl Vanillin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tocopherol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Bixa Orellana Seed Extract, BHT, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tin Oxide, [May Contain/ Peut Contenir (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 6 Lake(CI 15985), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Carmine (CI 75470)].
Thoughts: For years, I heard about this particular color from this brand. It never really hit me until recently. I really wanted to try it out and see why this is so popular.
Here's a closer look at the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "iconic dreamy nude pink matte lipstick" and I have to agree.
Here's a look at the quantity of the lip product. I pulled the tube all the way up.
Here's a swatch of the lip color on my hand.
Here's how the color looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Morphe 35F Fall Into Frost Artistry Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. I cannot distinguish the smell but it's on the musky side. I just sniffed the product and it smells like vanilla. It's not my type of scent but it's not bad at all. The scent is slight and lasts for a few minutes. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's simple and gold. I like the logo on the top of the lipstick tube. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. You can also hear a clicking noise when you close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is creamy. It glides on and does not tug on the lips. If you have dry lip, it might tug slightly but not to the point it's pulling the lips one direction. With that said, it's easy to use. The shape of the lipstick is unique. It feels like it's squeezed on the sides but it actually isn't. That's how they created the lipstick. It makes the tip easier to outline the lips without going over the line. Then I fill the remaining with the flat surface. It's light-weight, not sticky, not greasy, and it doesn't feel like you are wearing anything. It leaves a nice, smooth, matte texture. If you are not into matte lipsticks, this isn't for you. If you are looking for transfer-proof lipstick, this isn't a liquid lipstick. It's a normal lipstick. I just kissed the top of my hand to see if it left any lipstick mark and it does. Since the color is so light, the lipstick mark is barely noticeable. Fourth, the color is my lips but better type of color. It's a neutral pink. It will be good for work, everyday, all season, and it'll look great with smokey eye makeup. Pigmentation-wise it's alright. I, personally, don't think it's that pigmented. Then again it's on the neutral side so it's hard to say if it is pigmented. One layer is good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, most lip colors don't last that long on me. If you don't wipe your mouth while eating, it should last longer. It's comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got to try this product. I was curious about the rave. I think it's kind of over hyped especially since there's a lot of neutral color in the market for cheaper. Other than that, this is a good lipstick.

Pros:
* Slight scent while applying.
* Nice, simple, gold packaging.
* Logo on top is nice.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close and a clicking noise when you close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Creamy consistency.
* Glides on.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Easy to use.
* Unique shape of the lipstick.
* Easier to line the lips without going over the line.
* Light-weight.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Doesn't feel like you are wearing anything.
* Matte texture.
* My lips but better color.
* Great for all season, work, and with smokey eye makeup.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Lasted until I ate.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Can tug slightly if you have dry lips.
* Over hyped.

Would repurchase: Yes..
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Charlotte Tilbury products reviewed/swatch:
Colour Chameleon

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...