Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Bed Head Curlipops 1" Tourmaline Ceramic Styling Iron

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

During Black Friday 2017, I purchase some products from ULTA.

Here's my haul. I already reviewed OPI in "Liv" in the Gray (top right, they're both same color). For this post, I will review the hair curler in the center.
Product Review: Bed Head Curlipops 1" Tourmaline Ceramic Styling Iron

Where to purchase: ULTA, Target, Walmart, and online at bedheadstyling.com
Price: $29..99

Made in China

Description from the website: The Curlipops 1" Tourmaline Ceramic Styling Iron is a class favorite for creating loose, touchable curls with outrageous body. This 1" wand gives your hair maximum shine and leaves no frizz behind - SWEET.
Thoughts: A week or two before Black Friday, I broke the only hair curler that I had that gave me loose curls. So when I saw this on sale at ULTA, I was debating. Then I saw this one customer buying several. She told me she buys and gives it out as gifts to family and friends in Mexico. They, as well as herself, love the curlers. I decided to get one. I thought it wouldn't hurt since it was on sale.
Here's a closer look at the back of the packaging.
Here's a look of the products inside the packaging; curler and a glove.
Here's a closer look at the wand. It's 1" from the tip to close to the handle.
Here's a closer look at the handle. There's only one on/off button.
The black part is a protection so you don't lay the curler flat on the counter.
Here's a closer look at the swivel cord connected to the handle.
Here's a closer look at the cord and the velcro that keeps the cord together.
Here's a closer look at the plug.
Here's a closer look at the glove.
Here's an overall look when I curl my hair with Bed Head.
Here's a closer look at the curls.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it's a cute curler. I actually like the packaging. Before opening the package to get to the curler, I was drawn. It looked like a huge lollipop. That's probably why they named it Curlipops. They come in different metallic handle depending on the type of curls you want. Mine, the normal straight curler, came in metallic orange. It's really shiny and it stands out against the silver handle. It's well-made and sturdy. It feels like it's made out of metal but I'm sure not everything is. Since it's so well-made, I cannot see it break anytime soon. If you are looking for multiple heating setting, this isn't it. It has one simple button, an on and off. I actually like it. I think it's great for newbies like myself. It's straight forward. I also can see why some people like multiple heating settings. The hotter the heat the faster and tighter the curl can get, as well as, it can be more damaging to the hair. If you have thin hair, you want to go for the low heat. If the hair is thicker, higher is better. It'll be great for professional stylists but for someone who curls once in awhile at home, this is good for me. With that said, the cord is long enough to do at home. It might not be long enough for professionals who has to plug it in farther. If it close, this is fine. I also like that it comes in a swivel. I hate when cords tangle but that's might just be me. I'm kind of weird like that. It comes with a velcro to wrap around the cord to make it easier to store, as well as, for traveling. For these reason, this is travel-friendly. I forgot to mention the black piece next to the curler, as well as, the handle. It's to keep the curler not flat on the counter while curling. It's to protect where you lay the curler while in use. Secondly, it's easy to use. If I can do it, then anyone can. I am the most handicap when it comes to doing my own hair. I can do other people's hair with no problem since I can see it all around. Since I cannot see the back, I have no idea how I am doing. I parted my hair in half in the back. I curled facing towards the back on each half. It was that easy. Unfortunately, I don't curl my hair that often since I don't have the time. I used to on the weekends when I have at least 15 minutes to do my hair. That's how long my hair took. In the past, it took longer with other curlers. I was happy this was fast and easy. Now I don't curl even on the weekends because I permed my hair. To be honest, I think I made the biggest mistake perming but that's a different story. After I curl my hair, I apply gel and then set it with hairspray. Also, it comes with glove. I cannot say much about the glove since I haven't used it. I just curl with my bare hands. Lastly, the curls lasted the whole day and even the next day. I definitely don't regret purchasing this. It has to be one of my best curlers I own.

Pros:
* Cute, well-made, sturdy packaging.
* Long lasting curler; 2 year warranty.
* One simple button; on and off.
* Great for newbies.
* Comes with a swivel cord.
* Comes with a velcro for the cord.
* Travel-friendly.
* Comes with a black piece next to the handle; to protect the counter or where you lay the curler.
* Easy to use.
* Curls fast.
* Comes with a glove.
* Curls last a day or two.

Cons:
* Not a multiple heating setting.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...