Friday, June 7, 2019

Urban Decay Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Last month, April 2019, I took advantage of the 15% off sale at ULTA.

Here's my purchase. I already reviewed Kylie Cosmetics Velvet Liquid Lipstick in Basic (right). For this post, I will review the Urban Decay palette on the left.
Product Review: Urban Decay Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette

Where to purchase: Sephora, ULTA, and online at urbandecay.com
Price: $44 for Blur/Bribe: 2 x 1.4 g/0.049 oz
Barely Baked/Retro: 2 x 1.3 g/0.045 oz
All other shades: 8 x 1.1 g/0.038 oz

Made in USA

Description from the package: Remember getting Naked for the very first time? Do it again with Naked Reloaded... modernized must-have neutrals with a whole new edge. With 12 can't-live-without nudes, from soft mattes and satins to dimensional sparkles and metallic shimmer, the go-to Naked shades you love just got a glow-up. The Naked Revolution started with our search for the perfect "desert island" shades and the journey continues with Reloaded.
Ingredients:
G2013799 ANGEL FIRE Ingredients (Ingrédients): Oryza Sativa Extract / Rice Extract, Talc, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Alumina, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Stearic Acid, Polyurethane-33, Polylactic Acid, Polymethyl Methacrylate. [+/- (May contain/Peut contenir): Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 19140 / Yellow 5]. D211520/5

G895623 BLUR Ingredients (Ingrédients): Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zinc Stearate, PTFE, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Sorbic Acid, Alumina, Polyurethane-33, Tin Oxide, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Polylactic Acid, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Acrylates Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Calcium Stearate, Magnesium Stearate. [+/- (May contain/Peut contenir): Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 19140 / Yellow 5]. D181678/5

G895623 ALL OTHER SHADES Ingredients (TOUTES LES AUTRES TEINTES Ingrédients): Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zinc Stearate, PTFE, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Sorbic Acid, Alumina, Polyurethane-33, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Polylactic Acid, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Stearic Acid, Calcium Stearate, Magnesium Stearate. [+/- (All shades may contain /Toutes les couleurs peuvent contenir) : Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green]. D181678/6

SHADES ANGEL FIRE, BOUNDARIES, END GAME, DREAM WEAVER AND BRIBE CONTAIN CARMINE

Thoughts: When this first came out, I knew I wanted it. I've been a huge fan of the Naked palettes. I couldn't skip this one.
Here's how it looks inside. It comes with a mirror.
Here's a closer look at the eyeshadows. It comes with 12 different shades from left to right; Bribe, Barely Baked, Angel Fire, Retro, Reputation, Burn, End Game, Dreamweaver, Distilled, Bucked, Boundaries, and Blur.
Here's a closer look at two of the eyeshadows from left to right; Burn and End Game.
Here's a swatch of the first four colors from left to right; Bribe, Barely Baked, Angel Fire, and Retro.
Here's a swatch of the middle four colors from left to right; Reputation, Burn, End Game, and Dreamweaver.
Here's the last four from left to right; Distilled, Bucked, Boundaries, and Blur.

Now for the looks...
Look #1:
I applied Angel Fire on the inner lid and Burn on the outer lid, and blended the crease with Bucked. I darkened the outer v with End Game, and highlighted below the brows with Bribe.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Kylie Cosmetics Velvet Liquid Lipstick in Basic on the lips.

Look #2:
I applied Reputation on the lid and blended the crease with Bucked. I darkened the outer v with End Game, and highlighted below the brows with Bribe.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipstick in Bow-Tiful on the lips.

Look #3:
I applied Dreamweaver on the lid and blended the crease with Bucked. I darkened the outer v with End Game, and highlighted below the brow with Bribe.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Huda Beauty Power Bullet Matte Lipstick in Interview on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I actually like the packaging. It's not the same as the Naked palettes. The Naked palettes are either made out of suede or metal. This is made out of cloth and there's some cushion on the top. I'm not too sure what type of cloth it is but I haven't noticed any marks since using this palette. There's no noticeable loose powder and so on. It looks good so far. I don't know what the future holds. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. The lid is also sturdy. There's a magnetic pull when you open and close the lid. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. Also, it comes with a mirror. Most Urban Decay palettes especially the Naked comes with a brush. This has no brush whatsoever. I don't mind either way. To be honest, I don't really use the brushes the palettes come with. I'm not a big fan of double-ended brushes. I just find it hard to store since most of my brushes are store upright. Another thing I found interesting is the sizes of the eyeshadows. Some are bigger than others like Bribe and Blur. Then Barely Baked and Boundaries are the next biggest size. The rest are the same or at least it looks that way. I'm not too sure why there's a difference in sizes. I'm guessing the four biggest size are the most commonly used shadows. Also, the shadows are compacted. I barely see any loose powder inside the palette. I do see some but it's barely noticeable. Third, the consistency is soft. I wouldn't say buttery soft. Some feels softer than others between my fingers. You can definitely feel the grit from the glittery shadows. With that said, it's easy to use. I pick up the shadows with my brushes and apply onto my lids. It goes on easily and it's easy to blend. It doesn't look like one color on the eyes. You can see the transition between the shadows and the colors look good together. Fourth, the shadows are on the neutral warm side. If you are not into warm shadows, this palette isn't for you. Since I love warm colors, this palette is perfect for me. It's a great everyday color, as well as, you can smoke it out for the night out. It'll be great all year round. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented. Couple of layers were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, it lasted all day on me without creasing, smudging, and fading. It looked good at the end of the day. It looked like how I first applied it. I'm glad I got to try this product. I've been curious about this palette for some time. It's a good palette. Would I say the color is unique? No, but I know it will get some love.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Packaging made out of cloth.
* Cushion top.
* No noticeable marks on the palette.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a magnetic pull when opening and closing.
* Travel-friendly.
* Comes with a mirror.
* Compacted; hardly any loose powders.
* Soft consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Applies smoothly.
* Easy to blend.
* Can see the transition of colors.
* Pretty neutral, warm shadows.
* Great everyday color and can smoke it for the night out.
* Great all year round.
* Pigmented.
* Lasted all day without creasing, smudging, and fading.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Does not come with brushes.
* Different sizes shadows.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Urban Decay products reviewed/swatch:
Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Blush
Satisfy
Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Highlighter
Sin
Naked Palettes
Nail Polish
Vice
Perversion Mascara
Troublemaker Mascara
Vice Lipstick Comfort Matte
1993
Vice Liquid Lipstick
Trivial

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.
Fill Weight: BLUR/BRIBE: 2 x 1.4 g POIDS NET/NET WT. 2 x 0.049 oz

BARELY BAKED/RETRO: 2 x 1.3 g POIDS NET/NET WT. 2 x 0.045 oz

All other shades (Toutes les autres teintes): 8 x 1.1 g POIDS NET/NET WT. 8 x 0.038 oz

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...