Friday, August 23, 2019

NYX Filler Instinct Plumping Lip Polish in Cheap Fills

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

On May 17, 2019 I attended PopSugar and NYX So LA Summer House. I was fortunate to receive a swag bag.

Here are the products I received. For this post, I will review the lip product from NYX on the bottom middle.
Product Review: NYX Filler Instinct Plumping Lip Polish in Cheap Fills

Where to purchase: ULTA, CVS, Target, and online at nyxcosmetics.com
Price: $7 for 0.08 fl oz/ 2.5 mL

Made in Taiwan

Description from the website: Looking for a painless lip enhancer? Pump up that pout with NYX Professional Makeup Filler Instinct Plumping Lip Polish! This sparkling plumping lip gloss is packed with light reflecting emollients and our plumping complex to pump up your pout without draining your bank account. Available in ultra-sheer shades that look gorgeous on their own or over your favorite NYX Professional Makeup lipstick or lip liners. Get looks that FILL! A fuller looking pout is just a few swipes away with this amazing glossy lip plumper!
Ingredients:
Polybutene, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Tin Oxide, Calcium Titanium Borosilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vanillyl Butyl Ether, Barium Sulfate, Menthol, Menthyl Lactate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Red 7 (CI 15850), Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica.
Thoughts: To be honest out of all the products I received, I was least excited about this one. I'm not a lipgloss girl or haven't wore one in ages. For this reason, I tried this product first. I thought it might change my thought and make me start wearing lipglosses again.
Here's a closer look at the color. Out of all the colors, this was the most pigmented one.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a swatch of the color on my hand.
Here's how it looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Kylie Cosmetics Kyshadow in The Bronze Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I like the packaging. I like the multiple drawings on the top of the packaging. It's cute and stands out. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. You can throw it in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It comes with a typical doe foot applicator that you find in a lot of lipglosses. It's slanted on one side of the tip. Usually the slanted area is small. This one is longer than most I have seen. I use the tip to outline the lips and the flat area to fill in the remaining. Also, it's easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is on the thick side. Even though it's thick, it glides on and does not tug on the lips. With that said, it's easy to use. I apply the product onto the lips and that's it. I don't need to worry about it drying to matte. Since it's a lipgloss, it's on the shiny side. With this particular color, it has a lot of glitters. If you are not a glitter type of person, I say pass. If you don't mind glitters, this is a good one because you cannot feel the particles. It feels smooth on the lips. When you put the lips together, it kind of sticks. If you don't like sticky lip products, I say pass. Also, I felt tingling sensation the first time I used this product. The tingling sensation lasted a good 10 minutes on myself. If you are not into tingling sensation, I say pass. If you don't mind, this is a good one. I have tried other tingling products and they burn. You don't have to worry with this one. The second time I used this product I did not feel any tingling sensation. I'm not to sure why. Fourth, the color is nice. The website describes it as bronze gold and I have to agree. It's on the warm side and I tend to lean that way. It's a good summer and fall color. It'll also add some pop of color onto other lip products like lipstick. It'll warm up the color and add some shine. I have not tried it myself but I can see that happening. Pigmentation-wise it's not pigmented at all. I got the one with the most pigment. It just adds shine and glitters onto the lips. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, most lip products don't last that long on me. If you don't wipe your mouth, it should last longer. It's comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got to try this product. It refreshed my memory about lipglosses. I will try some more in the future but this wasn't my type of lipglosses I tend to like.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Cute drawings on the top of the packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; you can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Comes with a typical doe foot applicator.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Thick consistency.
* Glides on and does not tug on the lips.
* Easy to use.
* Shiny texture.
* Smooth; cannot feel the glitter particles.
* Does not burn.
* Warm tone bronze gold color.
* Great for summer and fall.
* Can add onto other lip products to add a pop of color.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying at all.
* Lasted until I ate.

Cons:
* Glitter particulars.
* Sticky.
* Tingling sensation.
* Not pigmented.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws


Other NYX products reviewed/swatch:
Butter Lipsticks
Chunky Dunk Hydrating Lippie
Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick
Soft-Spoken
Luv Out Loud Liquid Lipstick
Brave
Brilliant
Confident
Extraordinary
Fearless
Passionate
Macaron Lippie
Violet
Ombre Blush
Strictly Chic
Ombre Lip Duo

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...