Friday, January 4, 2019

Juvia's Place The Warrior Eyeshadow Palette

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

On October 27, 2018 I bought some products from ULTA. I wanted to use the 20% off purchase.

I bought two products from Juvia's Place. I already reviewed Juvia's Place The Festival Liquid Lip in Soil (right). For this post, I will review the palette on the left.

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at juviasplace.com


Price: $20 for 32.4 g/ 1.14 oz

Made in USA

Description from the package: Inspired by the ferocious and decapitating beauty of the Dahomey Amazons of Africa, who defied societal norms to protect their people. A true embodiment of strength, fierceness and beauty. The Warrior Palette consists of 9 highly pigmented shades.
Ingredients:
Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polymethyl, Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Capryl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Hydrated Chromium Oxide, Green (CI 77289), Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007).
Thoughts: I've been curious about Juvia's Place for years especially their eyeshadow palettes. So when my ULTA started carrying them, I knew I had to purchase at least one eyeshadow palette.
Here's a closer look inside the palette.
Here's a closer look at the 9 eyeshadows from top to bottom, left to right: Amina, Idia, Mino, Ahosi, Moremi, Kano, Dahomey, Bakwa, and Benin.
Here's a closer look at one of the eyeshadows, Idia.
Here's a closer look at swatches on my hand from the top row left to right; Amina, Idia, and Mino.
Here's a closer look of the second row from left to right on my hand; Ahosi, Moremi, and Kano.
Here's a closer look of the third row from left to right; Dahomey, Bakwa, and Benin.

Look #1:
I applied Amina on the lids and blended out the crease with Ahosi. I darkened the outer v with Kano.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Rude Notorious Liquid Lip Color in Bad to the Bones on the lips.

Look #2:
I applied Moremi on the lids and blended out the crease with Ahosi. I darkened the outer v with Kano.
Here's another look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint in Uncuffed on the lips.

Look #3:
I applied Idia on the lids and blended the crease with Kano. I darkened the outer v with Mino.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Kat Von D Studded Kiss Creme Lipstick in Bow N Arrow on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, the packaging is nice. Most of the palettes have an African vibe. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick carbon paper, and there's no bend in the corners. I don't see fingermarks but I do see scratches. It's so light that I had to look closely to notice it, otherwise, I wouldn't have noticed. The top is also sturdy. It makes a clicking noise, as well as, you can feel a tight seal when you open and close the lid. Inside the lid, there's magnets on the corners. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. If you do take this palette traveling, I highly recommend taking a mirror and brush. It does not come with those items. Third, the consistency is buttery soft. It feels good in-between the fingers. The texture of the mattes are more smoother than the shiny, metallic. They're also more compacted. Even though the mattes are more compacted, there's hardly any loose powder inside the palette. With that said, it's easy to use. The brush picks up the shadow easily and applies nicely on the skin. They don't look like one color on the lids. You can see the transition from one color to another, and the shadows work well together. Fourth, I tend to reach for neutral warm browns. They look better on my skin, as well as, it's an everyday wear in my casual lifestyle. Most of the colors are brownish-gold to brownish-orange. This fit the type I tend to reach for but it's a lot more orange than I'm used to. At first, I wasn't the biggest fan of the orange-ness of the shadows but it's drawing on me now. With that said, it's great all year round. Since there's dark colors in the palette, you can also smoke it out for the night out. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I'm pretty impressed. It's not the most pigmented but it is close. Lastly, they lasted all day. It looked like how I applied it. There were no smudging and fading. I'm glad I got this palette. I honesty loved everything at first usage. The colors grew on me but I like it a lot now. I highly recommend getting at least one palette from Juvia's Place!

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Nice, African vibe packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; makes a clicking noise, as well as, you can feel a tight seal when open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Buttery soft consistency.
* Compacted; no loose powder.
* Easy to use.
* Great all year round.
* Can smoke it out.
* Pigmented.
* Lasted all day without smudging and fading.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Very light scratches.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Juvia's Place products reviewed/swatch:
The Festival Liquid Lip

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...