Monday, January 14, 2019

Manicure Monday: L.A. Girl 3D Effects in Black Illusion

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I bought two L.A. Girl polishes from PHAMExpo. I cannot remember the year. I want to believe it's 2014 but it could possibly be 2015. I already reviewed L.A. Girl 3D Effects in Sparkle Ruby. For this post, I will review the other color from the same line.

This is L.A. Girl in Black Illusion. Unfortunately, it's not on the website anymore. It's either sold out or discontinued. Since I did a thorough review of L.A. Girl ColorPop in Lovely, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, it's a lot thinner. I would say it's on the thin side. The length, on the other hand, is the same.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalButter London Nail Foundation Priming Basecoat, 2 coats of L.A. Girl in Black Illusion, and then topped all the nails with Butter London Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it isn't a brush that I would grab but in actually it's not hard to work with. I usually wipe one side of the brush in the inside of the bottle before painting. Since the brush is so thin, I recommend not wiping inside the bottle. It's makes it easier to paint the nails than re-dipping multiple of times. Secondly, the packaging is nice. When it comes to polishes, I really haven't found one I dislike. I think they all are nice and works well with their brand. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Also, it's easy to grab with one hand. Third, the consistency is medium. It's not too thin that it runs everywhere. It's also not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's a good consistency and you can take your time while painting. You don't have to worry it'll dry while painting. Also, I like that the glitters are tiny and all over the bottle. You don't have to search for the glitters. Every stroke leaves an even glitter on the nails. Fourth, the color is simple and pretty. It's black with multiple color glitters. It's a great fall and winter color. I see it more for winter though. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two layers were good enough on my skin. Lastly, I noticed shrinkage and some chipping on the tip on the fourth day. It's mostly shrinkage. There is some chipping and since most of it was shrinkage, the chipping was less noticeable. I'm glad I got this polish. It's a fun color. It's also easy to remove even with the glitters.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other L.A. Girl products reviewed/swatch:
3D Effects
Sparkle Ruby
ColorPop
Lovely
Matte Pigment Gloss
Dreamy

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...