Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Stila Heaven's Hue Highlighter in Kitten

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In October 2017, I purchased some products from ULTA.

Here's my haul. I already reviewed L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Liquid Lipstick in Nudist (center left) and Nudestix Magnetic Matte Lip Color in Boho (top left). For this post, I will review the highlighter from Stila on the top right.
Product Review: Stila Heaven's Hue Highlighter in Kitten

Where to purchase: ULTA, Sephora, and online at stilacosmetics.com
Price: $32 for 0.35 oz/ 10 g

Made in USA

Description from the package:
* Lightweight, radiance-enhancing highlighter with a bouncy-to-the-touch texture that melts into skin for a barely-there feel
* Ultra-fine, light diffusing particles help skin look alit from within for a natural looking glow
Ingredients:
DIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, MICA (CI 77019), DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE.  (+/-)  CARMINE (CI 75470), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891).  
*CONTAINS CARMINE AS A COLOR ADDITIVE.
Thoughts: I've been wanting to try this highlighter for a long time and I ended up buying it end of last year. The reason it took so long to actually use it is because I have so many products. I try to be good to use one product at a time.
Here's a closer look inside the highlighter. It comes with a mirror.
Here's a closer look at the highlighter.
Here's a swatch of the highlighter on my hand.
Here's how the highlighter looks on me. I have it on the high of the cheeks and the tip of the nose.
Here's an overall look. I have JOAH Birthday Suit Eyeshadow Palette in Unveiled on the eyes and Huda Beauty Demi Matte Cream Lipstick in SheEO on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and I did not smell anything. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's simple, and I don't see any scratches and finger marks. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The lid is sturdy as well. I feel a tight seal and hear a clicking noise when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's a decent size that you can throw in your purse and bag. I also like that it comes with a mirror. It makes it easy to take with you. It doesn't come with a brush but with this product, it's easy to use with your finger. Third, the consistency is soft. It's buttery soft in-between the fingers. Not only that, the highlighter is unique. When you push with your finger, you will be able to see a dent inside the highlighter. I've used this product with a brush and my finger. I got better results with my finger. It might not be the most sanitary-safe but it's more noticeable on the skin. I just pick up with my finger and highlight the areas I want on my face. One thing I noticed with a lot of highlighters, I need to layer for it to show on my skin. It's so strange because my skin isn't even that dark. I feel darker skin gets better results with highlighter than paler skin or at least in my experience. The brush did pick up some color but since the finger is more condense, it picked up more color. The only thing is I'm not that great with using my fingers. I need to practice more. The pictures above were taken when I used a brush. It looked natural, dewy rather than shiny, oily. It's comfortable, light-weight, not greasy, and there aren't glitters in the highlighter. It gives a shine from the color rather than glitters which is a plus for me. Fourth, highlighters are in all year round. I would say this highlighter is more on the silver side. Pigmentation-wise it's not up there. I had to layer several times with my finger for it to show. With a brush, it took a lot more layers. Lastly, it lasted all day. Since I have dry skin, most products do. At the end of the day, it looked like how I first applied it. I'm glad I finally got to try this highlighter. It's a good one but I have other highlighters that I don't need to layer as much.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Nice, simple packaging.
* No scratches.
* No finger marks.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy lid; feel a tight seal and hear a clicking noise when open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Comes with a mirror.
* Easy to use with your finger.
* Soft consistency.
* Buttery soft in-between the fingers.
* Unique texture; it feels like jello where you can make dents in the highlighter.
* Better results with fingers than brush.
* Gives a natural, dewy look.
* Comfortable.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy.
* No glitters.
* Great all year.
* Lasted all day.

Cons:
* Not the most sanitary-safe if you use finger.
* Not the most pigmented; need to layer several times for it to show.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Stila products reviewed/swatch:
Eyeshadow Trio
Bronze Glow
In the Moment Eye Shadow Palette
Love at First Blush
Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow
Smoky Storm
Naturally Nude Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick
Patina
Perla
Serenata
Set & Illuminate Baked Powder Trio

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...