Friday, November 9, 2018

Huda Beauty Demi Matte Cream Lipstick in SheEO

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In early September 2018, I purchased some products from Sephora.

Here's my haul. I already reviewed Pat McGrath Labs Mattetrance Lipstick in Venus in Furs (middle left), and Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 (top middle). For this post, I will review Huda Beauty lip product on the bottom left.
Product Review: Huda Beauty Demi Matte Cream Lipstick in SheEO

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at shophudabeauty.com
Price: $20 for 3.6 mL/ 0.12 fl oz

Made in Italy

Description from the website: Inspired by Huda's love for self-expression through makeup, Huda Beauty Demi Matte is a bold Cream Lipstick showcasing a full spectrum of ultra-feminine colors to complement every one of your alter egos.

Saturated in pigment, the creamy texture glides on with an intense color release from the first swipe, creating a lacquer-like sheen which highlights and enhances the natural contours of your pout.

Demi Matte lipsticks are formulated with a hint of menthol, specially designed to deliver a temporary cooling effect and tingling sensation that leaves the lips looking visibly plumper.

Enriched with Maxi-lip that stimulates collagen and hydrates the lips throughout wear. Demi Matte sets to a satin finish that lasts for hours with extreme comfort, without dehydrating the lips. Faithful to her versatile use, Huda likes to blot her lips after application to mute the shine and achieve a more matte, almost stainy finish.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: When I first saw this online, I was intrigued. I've always been a fan of Huda Beauty liquid lipsticks. It's one of my favorites and thought I should try this product.
Here's a closer look at the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "a commanding brown nude." I don't completely agree but it is on the brown side.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a swatch of the color on my hand.
Here's how it looks on me.
Here's an overall look with JOAH Birthday Suit Eyeshadow Palette in Unveiled on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It's so light I cannot distinguish it. I just sniffed the product and it still has a slight scent. It took me several sniff but it smells like vanilla. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's very pretty with the gradient black on the bottle. It makes it look more professional. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when opening and closing. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It has a typical doe foot applicator. It's slanted on one side of the tip. Even though it's slanted, it isn't straight. It has a slight curve which makes it unique. I noticed the slight curve grabs more product than if it was straight. The tip makes it easy to outline the lips and the slight curve to fill in the remaining. Third, the consistency is on the creamy side. I would say it's medium in consistency. It glides on and does not tug on the lips. With that said, it's easy to use. If you are looking for a liquid lipstick, this isn't it. It's a creamy lipstick in an liquid form. It's smooth and has no glitters whatsoever. I like the texture. If you are looking for matte lipstick, this isn't it. It's shiny. I wouldn't call it demi matte unless you apply a thin coat. It's light-weight, not sticky, and looks great on the lips. Since it has menthol, it has a slight tingling sensation. To be honest, I didn't even notice the first time I wore this lip product. Now that I'm testing it, I can sense it the first several minutes. It's really not that noticeable unless you are paying attention to the lip product on the lips. That's a good thing because I hate the tingling sensation. I have very sensitive lips and I can feel it for a long time. I didn't with this lip product. Now it makes sense why my lips look fuller and more noticeable. Fourth, the color is really pretty. The website describes it as brown nude but I think it's more terracotta brown or at least on me. It's a great fall and winter color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I was pretty impressed one thick layer leaves a nice, full color. If the color is too bold, you can lighten it by using a thin layer. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, most lip products don't last that long on me. With that said, it's extremely comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got this product. It's a nice lip product but I doubt I would buy another one. I still like her liquid lipsticks more so than this lip product.

Pros:
* Slight scent while applying.
* Pretty, gradient black on the bottle.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Slight curve on one side of the tip of the applicator; grabs more product.
* Medium, creamy consistency.
* Glides on.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Easy to use.
* Creamy lipstick in a liquid form.
* Smooth texture.
* No glitters.
* Light-weight.
* Not sticky.
* Has menthol; lip plumping.
* Not noticeable tingling sensation.
* Lips look fuller.
* Pretty fall and winter color.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Lasted until I ate.

Cons:
* Not a matte lip product.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Huda Beauty products reviewed/swatch:
Liquid Matte Lipstick
Trendsetter
Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette
Smokey

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...