Wednesday, November 14, 2018

The Makeup Show LA 2018

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money and given to me. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

This past weekend, November 10-11, 2018, I attended The Makeup Show. I've been attending this show for the past several years. It's probably my favorite. The show is targeted towards professionals not the public. I love knowing that I'm surrounded by people who are in the industry who knows the ins and outs.

As soon as I got to The Makeup Show, I went to the Press Preview. I'm usually late but I exactly arrived early. I sat in the front and was able to take picture of the stage.
Here's James Vincent who lead the Press Preview. Every year I say he's so adorable. He's honest, experienced, and I love hearing stories of his experiences in the industry. I would not get this from other shows.
Here are the goodies we received at the Press Preview. I already reviewed Parian Spirit Brush Cleaner (top middle), NYX Strobe of Genius Illuminating Palette (top left), MustaeV Vitamin Sadness Mask (middle right), and Bioderma Sensibio H2O (top left).
After the Press Preview, I stayed to watch Pati Dubroff - Celebrity Skin. As I get older, I realized makeup is wonderful but it doesn't go on smoothly if the foundation (skin) isn't good. I love hearing her suggestions, what she uses, and skin care products she recommend. I just wished the model was older. Using a teenager really does not show the before and after when her skin is perfect already.
During the presentation, Pati Dubroff showed pictures of models and celebrities. Yes, they are wearing makeup but I love the natural, dewey look.
Then we hit the floor to shop til we drop. One of the brands I was most excited to check out was Hourglass. I love their primer and been wanting to try their foundation.
Here are the products I either purchased or they gave away on the floor.


Other The Makeup Show years:

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money and given to me. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...