Friday, November 16, 2018

Juvia's Place The Festival Liquid Lip in Soil

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

On October 27, 2018 I bought some products from ULTA. I wanted to use the 20% off purchase.
I bought two products from Juvia's Place. For this post, I will review the liquid lipstick on the right.

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at juviasplace.com
Price: $12

Made in USA

Description from the website: Channel some regal vibes in the Juvia's Place Festival Liquid Lipstick - Soil. This gorgeous shade of Terracotta is guaranteed to have you looking like a Queen. Looks great on all skin tones.
Ingredients:
Isododacane, Distreardimonium Hectorite, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Synthetic Beeswax, Kaolin, Octyldodecanol, Silica Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxcides (CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492), FD&C Blue No. 1 Alum Lake (CI42090:2), FD&C Red No. 40 Alum Lake (CI 16035), FD&C Red No. 7 Calcium Lake (CI 15850:1), FD&C Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), D&C Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), D&C Red 6 Barium Lake (CI 15850).
Thoughts: I first heard about this brand from a blogger friend several years ago. She raved about this brand a lot. Of course, that intrigued my interest. When I heard ULTA will start carrying this brand, I was so excited. I knew I wanted to try this brand but I didn't know which products I would purchase. When I went to ULTA, I wanted to try their liquid lipsticks. I was disappointed they only carry three colors. I choose the lightest one.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "orange terracotta" and I have to agree.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a swatch of the color on my hand.
Here's how the liquid lipstick looks on me.
Here's an overall look with JOAH Birthday Suit Eyeshadow Palette in Unveiled on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and the scent is extremely light. It's not that noticeable at all. I had to sniff several times to smell a slight vanilla scent. Secondly, the packaging is nice. I like the tribal vibe on the top of the packaging. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also a decent size to carry in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It comes with a typical doe foe applicator that you find in a lot of liquid lipsticks. It's slanted on one side of the tip. The tip helps outline the lip and the flat side fill in the remaining. Third, the consistency is liquidity. It does not tug on the lips and it glides on. It feels like a typical liquid lipstick. With that said, it's easy to use and it dries in a decent amount. I wouldn't say it dries quickly. I would say within several minutes. Once it dries, I found it slightly different from other brands. The color is darker compared to how it applies. It's also dries matte when it applies slightly glossy. From my experience, I haven't seen liquid lipsticks darken when it dries. That's what I found interesting. It also has a slight stickiness, but not that sticky that my lips stick together when I put them together. It's not completely transfer-proof as well. I kissed my hand and I saw slight lip mark. It's not that noticeable but you do see it. I recommend exfoliating your lips before applying this product. Since it adhere's to the lips, it will fall in-between all the lines and will show all the imperfections. It all depends on the brand. Some show more than others. This is a nice one. It doesn't show all the fine and thick lines. It shows lines but in a nice way. Fourth, I definitely agree the color is orange terracotta. I thought I would like the color but I think it'll look better on other people. It just made me look pale and my teeth didn't look white whatsoever. It made it look yellow. With that said, it's a great fall and winter color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I was pretty impressed how pigmented the liquid lipstick is. Lastly, it lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, most lip products don't last. The grease from the food doesn't help either. It breaks the texture from the center of the lips. With that said, it's light-weight and extremely comfortable. It's also not drying. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I finally got to try this product. I like everything but the color. I definitely think it'll look better on other people.

Pros:
* No scent while applying.
* Nice, tribal vibe packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; feel a tight seal when open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Typical doe foe applicator; slanted on one side of the tip.
* Liquidity consistency.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Glides on.
* Easy to use.
* Dries within several minutes.
* Dries darker than the packaging.
* Doesn't show all the imperfections.
* Great fall and winter color.
* Pigmented.
* Light-weight.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Lasted until I ate.
* Paraben-free.
* Vegan.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Slight stickiness.
* Not completely transfer-proof.
* Made my teeth look yellow.

Would repurchase: Yes, in other color.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...