Monday, September 24, 2018

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I cannot remember when I purchased these products from ULTA. I want to say around May 2018. It was during their 21 Days of Beauty.

Here's my haul. For this post, I will review the Too Faced mascara in the middle.
Product Review: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Where to purchase: ULTA, Sephora, and online at toofaced.com
Price: $24 for 8.0 mL/0.27 fl oz

Made in Italy

Description from the package: A mascara so AMAZING, it's... BETTER THAN SEX! Our Hourglass-Shaped Brush was designed after discovering the bust-waist-hip ratio of an iconic silver screen Blonde Bombshell held the secret to the perfect brush silhouette that separates, coats and curls each lash to the voluptuous perfection. One coat of the carbon black, collagen-fueled formula and lashes are full, defined and stretched to unbelievable lengths. Two coats and lashes are even more luscious, curled and dramatic. Three coats and achieve the most intense black, oversized, multidimensional lashes possible! A mascara so amazing... it's Better Than Sex!
Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Butylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax/Oryza Sativa Bran Cera, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Cire De Carnauba, Aminomethyl Propanol, Glycerin, PVP, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Polyester-11, Cellulose, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium Phosphate, Polysorbate 60, Acacia Seyal Gum Extract, Sodium Phosphate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-1, Dextran, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Black 2 (CI 77266).
Thoughts: I originally wasn't going to purchase. I went for the MAC product but more people were purchasing the mascara. The maximum you can purchase during the 21 Days of Beauty is two. Most people were purchasing two of these. Knowing they are purchasing two was telling me this mascara must be amazing. For this reason, I purchased one.
Here's a closer look at the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the wand.
Here's how the mascara looks on me.
Here's how it looks at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Huda Beauty Obsession Eyeshadow Palette in Smokey on the eyes and Huda Beauty Liquid Matte in Girlfriend on the lips.
Here's a better picture of my lashes curled. This was taken on another day.
Here's an overall look with Huda Beauty Obsession Eyeshadow Palette in Smokey on the eyes and Huda Beauty Liquid Matte in Girlfriend on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and it smells like mascara. Secondly, the packaging is oh so cute. I really like the rose gold colored packaging. The color fits with the trend. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of metal. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is medium. It's not too thin that there are smudges on the eyes as soon as I apply it. I hate when there are smudges in the first couple of days of opening the tube. Then it dries a bit where it doesn't smudge anymore. It's also not too thick that it's hard to apply onto the lashes. It was a good consistency throughout the whole usage from beginning to present. With that said, it's easy to apply. I just apply at the root and stroke to the ends. For the second coat, I usually don't apply at the roots fear of it weighing the lashes down. I only apply at the tips to add volume and hopefully, length. One thing about Asian lashes is that we have straight lashes. For this reason, we curl before applying. I used to only apply waterproof mascaras so it wouldn't weigh down the lashes. Nowadays, there are a lot of good non-waterproof mascaras that doesn't weigh down the lashes and this is one of them. As soon as I apply it, I did not see my lashes fall down. This is a huge plus! The other thing about having Asian lashes is the volume. Thankfully, I'm okay with my length. I don't mind it being longer but I rather take volume over length. This gave me volume to the point that my lashes look full. Lastly, it lasted all day. At the end of the day, my lashes looked like how I applied it. I did not see any smear, smudging, and fading. Now I can understand why so many people bought this mascara that day. I wished I purchased two as well!

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Gorgeous rose gold packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Medium consistency.
* No smudges.
* Easy to use.
* Gives volume.
* Does not weigh down the lashes.
* Lasted all day.

Cons:
* Can get costly.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Too Faced products reviewed/swatch:
Baked Eyeshadow
Full Bloom Cheek & Lip Creme Color
Mascara
Melted Chocolate Liquified Lipstick 
Melted Liquified Lipstick
Melted Matte Liquified Matte Lipstick

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...