Monday, September 17, 2018

Melt Digital Dust Highlight in Gold Ore

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In June 2017, I went to PHAMExpo and purchased some products.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed Parian Spirit Brush Cleaner (top left), Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipstick in Old Flame (middle right), and Lorac PRO Liquid Lipstick Set in Light Peach, Soft Pink, Soft Mauve, and Plum Brown, California Dreaming (middle left). For this post, I will review the Melt highlighter on the top middle.
Product Review: Melt Digital Dust Highlight in Gold Ore

Where to purchase: online at meltcosmetics.com
Price: $39 for 8 g/ 0.28 oz

Made in Italy

Description from the website: Pure warm sunlight tone, wear for an overall luminous glow.
Ingredients:
Mica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Glycerin, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Silica, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexlgycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-DI-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Xanthan Gum, Dicalcium Phosphate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)
Thoughts: When I first saw this in person, I thought it was gorgeous. To be honest, I wanted Stargazer but the sales people convinced me to get Gold Ore. Stargazer is more of a color I would purchase, at the same time, I own a lot of colors similar to Stargazer. For this reason, I agreed to get Gold Ore since I don't have many of this color.
Here's a closer look inside the highlighter. It comes with a mirror.
Here's a closer look at the highlight. I love the Melt Cosmetics engraving on the top of the highlighter.
Here's a swatch of the highlighter on my hand.
Here's how the highlighter looks on the top of the cheek.
Here's a closer look at the top of the cheek.
Here's an overall look with Huda Beauty Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette in Smokey on the eyes and Huda Beauty Liquid Matte in Girlfriend on the lips. You can see the highlighter on the tip of the nose.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I like the packaging. The design is simple. It's just plain black with the word "melt." on the top. It looks like a high-end brand. It's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick, heavy plastic. There's no scratches and finger marks on the packaging. The lid is also sturdy. You can feel a magnetic pull from the bottom when you open and close. There's also a clicking noise when you close the lid. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in our purse and bag. I also like that it comes with a mirror. You do have to carry a brush if you take this traveling unless you use your fingers. Third, the consistency is buttery soft. It feels soft in-between the fingers. Not only that, it's compacted. The brush picks up the powder very well and it doesn't go all over the place. I do see some loose powder inside the packaging but it's not by much. You only notice if you examine the packaging closely. With that said, it's easy to use. Also, the engraving is at the top like most powder products. As you dig into the powder, it disappears. Even though it disappears, it takes some effort. I've been using this highlighter for months. I would say over half a year and it barely made a dent in the engraving. Fourth, the color is more on the golden side. There are some glitters, but it's so slight that it doesn't look like glitters on the skin. It just makes the skin glow or at least on my skin. It'll be great on warm tone individuals, as well as, tan skin. It's also good all year round. This particular golden color isn't only good for the summer. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but it's up there. I did have to layer several times for it to show on my skin. Lastly, it lasts all day. Most products last all day on my skin since I have dry skin. With that said, it's light-weight and comfortable. I'm glad I got this product. It's a pretty color and it definitely doesn't fit with most of the colors from my highlighters. That's a plus because that means I am widening my collection!

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Simple design.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* No scratches and finger marks on the packaging.
* Sturdy lid; a magnetic pull from the bottom when you open and close, as well as, a clicking noise when you close the lid.
* Travel-friendly.
* Comes with a mirror.
* Buttery consistency.
* Powder is compacted; loose powder doesn't go everywhere.
* Brush picks up the powder easily.
* Easy to use.
* Engraving on the top of the powder; takes effort to make a dent.
* Pretty golden color that is great all year round.
* Slight glitters that doesn't show on the skin.
* Skin is glowy.
* Great for warm tone individuals and tan skin.
* Pigmented.
* Light-weight.
* Comfortable.
* Last all day.
* Vegan.
* Paraben-free.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Barely noticeable loose powder inside the compact.
* Need to layer for it to show on the skin.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...