Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Too Faced Size Queen Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I feel so bad that I neglected this blog. I apologize!!! A lot has been happening in my personal life that I haven't had the time to blog. I can't promise you but I am trying to be good about posting. Thank you for the people who still read my blog!!!


I've been using the Too Faced Size Queen Mascara for three months now. I received this at the Too Faced Summer Trend 2011 Event. I have Part 1 and Part 2 of the event if you want to check it out. I think it's time to review the mascara.

Where can you purchase this: Sephora, Ulta, online at TooFaced.com, or anywhere they sell Too Faced products
Price: $21 for 15mL/0.5 fl oz.

Made in Italy

Description on the back: Our dual-helix brush and keratin-enhancing, curl-setting formula work together to create QUEEN-SIZED, multi-dimensional lashes instantly.

Our exclusive, corkscrew-shaped brush has long, lengthening bristles and short, volumizing fibers to grab, coat and curl for a lavish, layered effect!
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Ingredients:
My thoughts: The first thing I noticed about this mascara is the huge wand!!! I have never seen a wand this huge in my entire life. I thought it was cool!
It doesn't look huge in that picture but it is in person.
I compared it to the latest mascara I used, MAC Zoom Lash, in the picture above.

After the shock of the size of the wand, I tested it out. I actually did not like it much on the first day. It was too big to coat my short, Asian lashes especially on the bottom. I felt it was more towards non-Asian people since they have longer lashes.

Now that it's towards the end of my three months of using this mascara, I actually think it's okay. I definitely know how to use the wand better than I first did. Instead of using the middle or the end close to the handle, I use the tip to coat my lashes. I still have issues with the wand touching my skin while putting it on, but it's not as bad as before.

Other than the huge wand, it's not waterproof. Most mascaras that are not waterproof tend to weigh my lashes down. This wasn't bad. It actually kept the lashes up which I give a thumbs up for.

I also noticed there wasn't much smudging throughout the day for me. Most of the smudging happened applying the mascara.

Here's how the mascara looks on me.
I only did one layer of mascara.

Pros:
* Too Faced; they always have cute packaging.
* Huge amount of mascara.
* More for non-Asian lashes.
* Doesn't weigh your lashes down.
* Not much smudging throughout the day.

Cons:
* Comes in one color.
* Huge wand; hard to use on Asian lashes.
* You need to be careful how you use it or else it will get on your skin.
* Not waterproof.

Would I repurchase: No.
Rating:  2.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Too Faced products reviewed/swatch:
Baked Eyeshadow
Full Bloom Cheek & Lip Creme Color

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

14 comments:

ShinyPrettyThings said...

nonwaterproof mascaras always tend to weigh down my lashes too! must be an asian lash thing lol the brush looks very intersting...kinda scary hehehe

Jamilla Camel said...

Thanks for the review! Super large wands are useless for Asian eyes!

Shop N' Chomp said...

I like how natural it looks on your lashes but like you, big wands can be an issue for me too. Thanks for the review! :)

Hope you're well.

Gaby Fauchon said...

Wow the brush looks interesting, but I'd be afraid to poke myself in the eye!

Fruity Lashes said...

it doesn't seem to do much on your lashes. love your lining though ^^

Fabuless Beauty said...

You finally reviewed this! I found this mascara to be pretty mediocre. I remember our reactions when we first saw the size of the brush. hehe.

Anonymous said...

I like the sounds of not weighing lashes down - I find it hard to find a mascara that volumises and keeps curl for my stubborn lashes~

Thanks for your sweet comment xo

Shop N' Chomp said...

Hey girlie! I'm doing well, thanks for asking. I am loving the weather right now! Hope Fall doesn't come too quick. Hee hee. Almost Friday! *^_^*

Unknown said...

hey nice blog..followin u..loved the way u lined ur eyes :)

Janel said...

That wand is huge! Thanks for the review :)

blogniJANEL

Shop N' Chomp said...

Yeah I have weird skin...lol. ;)

Jem said...

what a wand!
so not asian-eye friendly
tsk tsk tsk

too bad the packaging is awesome!

MalanB said...

This mascara may be my cup of tea. Great post

Anna said...

how to do the bottom lashes??? lol

xoxo elle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...