Monday, September 10, 2018

Nature Republic California Aloe Daily Sun Block SPF 50+

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile. I was having a bad week but I'm better now. I should be posting three times a week.


Several months ago, I needed a new sunscreen. I wanted to try a Korean brand and while shopping, I ran into Nature Republic. It was the best time to purchase sunscreen.

They were kind enough to give me two full size products for purchasing. For this post, I will review the sunscreen on the right.
Product Review: Nature Republic California Aloe Daily Sun Block SPF 50+

Where to purchase: Nature Republic and online at naturerepublicusa.com
Price: $23.90 for 57 mL/1.92 fl oz

Made in Korea

Description from the website: A sunscreen contains 2.75ppm aloe vera leaf extract that moisturizes and soothes skin with whitening and wrinkle improvement effects. A moist and soft sun cream that can be used as a pink base to brighten up skin tone.

Brightening
Wrinkle-Improvement
UV Protection
Pink Base
Moist

A moisture-rich daily sun block that purifies and corrects your skin tone.
Ingredients:
Active
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Inactive
Thoughts: I have very sensitive skin when it comes to active ingredients in SPF. It all started after taking a college lab class. I had an allergic reaction to a chemical in the lab class. After this reaction, I couldn't use any sunscreen as I used to. At first, I thought I couldn't use sunscreens whatsoever. As I did trial and error, I realized what active ingredients I was allergic to. I also learned those active ingredients are not good which ended up being a good thing for me. It's not scientifically proven but they believe they cause cancer. I also learned through this experience Asian sunscreens never carry these active ingredients. For this reason, I only tend to buy Asian brands. Plus, I also know Asian sunscreens absorb into the skin protecting both UVA and UVB.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a closer look at the swatch on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there is a slight scent. I remember when I first used the product, I wasn't too keen on the scent but it didn't bother me. Now I'm so used to the scent, that I hardly notice anymore. I just sniffed the product and it slightly smells like aloe, but not completely. Secondly, I like the packaging. The yellow stands out among my skin care products, as well as, it reminds me of the sun. It's a good reminder to remind me to wear in daily basis or at least for me. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. Plus, I have full control of the quantity I squeeze. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also a decent size to throw in your purse and bag. Third, the consistency is medium. It's not liquidity that it's running everywhere. It's also not thick that it's hard to massage and spread onto your skin. It's a good consistency that it's not hard to work with. It absorbs into the skin easily and does not leave a white cast. It does leave a slightly, dewy texture but I personally like it. It makes the skin look more healthier and younger. There's no greasiness and it's extremely light-weight. It doesn't feel like you're wearing sunscreen whatsoever. It feels like normal skin care products. If you don't like the feel of sunscreen, this is a good one. Not only that, I like that it protects both inside and outside of the skin. A lot of non-Asian brands leave a white cast. That's not a good thing because it lays on top of the skin which doesn't help the pores, as well as, internally. When a sunscreen absorbs into the skin, it protects both the skin outside and in. Lastly, it lasts all day long but with any sunscreens you need to reapply after two hours. It's recommended to apply and leave the house after thirty minutes. That's when the effect first starts protecting the skin. I am going to be honest and I don't reapply throughout the day. I'm just plain lazy and it's hard to remember especially at work. If you are going to wear sunscreen, please be better than me! With that said, I'm so glad I got this product. I might not apply every two hours but at least I apply in daily basis. Applying everyday is better than not applying or at least I want to think that way!

Pros:
* Slight scent that smells slightly like aloe.
* Yellow packaging stands out.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Full control of the quantity you squeeze.
* Sturdy top; tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Absorbs easily.
* No white cast.
* Leaves a slightly, dewy texture.
* Skin look healthier and younger.
* No greasiness.
* Light-weight.
* Doesn't feel like you're wearing sunscreen.
* Protects both internally and outside.
* Lasts all day.

Cons:
* Could be hard to find in stores.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Nature Republic products reviewed/swatch:
Given By Nature Mask

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...