Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Huda Beauty Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette in Smokey

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In December 2017, I made a purchase from Sephora.

Here's my haul. For this post, I will review the Huda Beauty eyeshadow palette on the left.
Product Review: Huda Beauty Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette in Smokey

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at shophudabeauty.com
Price: $27 for 10 g/ 0.35 oz

Made in China

Description from the website: Each Huda Beauty Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette is packed with a selection of nine highly pigmented mattes and striking shimmers, all with a smooth and blendable texture. Available in several color themes, suitable for every occasion - the palettes are super compact and lightweight, making them a must-have for your handbag. The large mirror, conveniently-sized palette, and versatile shade collection allow you to create both classic and playful looks that are easy to apply on-the-go.

"These are really condensed eyeshadow palettes but you get SO much product. I am obsessed with the Warm Brown and Smokey Palette; they're both full of the most gorgeous, buildable colors that take your look from day to night easily. The Mauve Obsessions Palette is the makeup essential that everyone needs to create everyday looks, with a sultry edge. The Electric palette features super bold colors that are still really wearable so you can create amazing, understand looks. The Coral Obsessions is inspired by my love of using reds, pinks and oranges for a really sophisticated, yet trendy feel. Gemstone has the most gorgeous shades to brighten your look, and is great for adding a pop of color to your lids. I really wanted to give people the option to have fun with as many colors as possible without having to invest in individual shades. It was all about giving colour junkies everything they need, in a compact, affordable way." - Huda Kattan

* The versatility of these palettes allows you to create endless eye make-up looks.
* Blend the shadows seamlessly together, using darker shades in the crease, and lighter hues along the brow bone and inner corners of the eye.
* Using a smudge or liner brush, apply one of the darker shades along the top and bottom lash line.
* With your ring finger, or with fixing spray on an eyeshadow brush, apply the shimmer shade to the centre of your eyelid to amp up the glamour.
Ingredients:
Matte Shades: 
Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Magnesium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Capryl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain (+/-):Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Red 40 Lake (Ci 16035), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090).

Foil Shades: 
Mica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Red 40 Lake (Ci 16035), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090).

Thoughts: When I first saw this on a YouTube video, I knew I wanted to see it in person. After seeing it in person, I knew I needed this palette in my life.
Here's a closer look inside. It comes with a mirror.
Here's a closer look at the shadows. There are nine in each palette.
Here's a closer look at one of the shadows. This is third one from the left in the middle row.
Here's a swatch of the top row and the first two shadows from the middle row from left to right on my hand.
Here's a swatch of the last color from the middle row and bottom row from left to right on my hand.

Now for looks I created with this palette...
Look #1:
I applied the third from the left on the bottom row on my lid, and blended the crease and outer v with second from the left on the top row. I darkened the outer v with the second from the left on the bottom row.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Huda Beauty Liquid Matte in Girlfriend on the lips.

Look #2:
I applied third from the left on the top row on the lid, and blended the crease and outer v with second from the left on the bottom row. I darkened the outer v with first from the left on the bottom row.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lip Kit in Candy K. on the lips.

Look #3:
I applied third from the left on the middle row on the lid, and blended the crease and outer v with second from the left on the bottom row. I darkened the outer v with first from the left on the bottom row.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Huda Beauty Liquid Matte in Girlfriend on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I like the packaging. The design is simple and small. I like the black palette with colors of the shadow as the design on top. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's a mixture of thick plastic and thick cardboard paper. I usually don't like cardboard paper because the corners get ruined. The corners go in slightly from damage. This is so well-made I didn't think it was made from cardboard paper. The lid is also sturdy. There's a magnetic pull from the bottom while opening and closing. Also, I hear a clicking noise when I close the lid. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. I love how small the palette it. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even the pocket. It does come with a mirror. You do have to carry a brush unless you want to use it with your fingers. Third, the consistency is buttery soft. It's so soft it feels wonderful in-between the fingers. It's easy to pick up with the brush and apply onto the lids. The shadows are compacted but it's mostly the matte colors. I see a lot of the loose powder from the shimmery shadows inside the compact. With that said, I like that it comes with both matte and shimmery colors. It's best to mix both on the lids instead of wearing one type of texture on the eyes. The palette would be perfect if it had a highlighter color to apply under the brows. I have to use another shadow from my collection. Also, I love how well the colors mix together. They don't look like one color on the lids. You can see a transition between the colors. Fourth, the colors are on the warm side. You can wear it neutral or smoke it out for the night out. I tend to reach for these type of palettes because they're easy to wear in daily basis as well for work. They're good all year round. Pigmentation-wise it's not the most pigmented but it's up there. I don't need to layer multiple times for it to show. One layer is good enough for my skin color. Lastly, it lasts all day on me. Since I have dry skin, most products last all day on me. I didn't see any creasing, smudging, and fading. It looked good at the end of the day. It looked like how I applied it. I'm glad I got this palette. It's pretty and I can see myself reaching for this palette often.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Simple design.
* Small.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Corners of the packaging is not damaged.
* Sturdy lid; magnetic pull from the bottom, as well as, a clicking noise when you close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Comes with a mirror.
* Buttery consistency.
* Easy to pick up with a brush.
* Matte colors are compacted.
* Comes with both matte and shimmers.
* Colors mix well together.
* Neutral colors from the warm side.
* Great for daily wear, as well as, smoke it out for the night out.
* Great all year round.
* Pigmented.
* No creasing.
* No smudging.
* no fading.
* Lasts all day.

Cons:
* A lot of loose powder from the shimmery shadows inside the compact.
* No highlighter color.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Huda Beauty products reviewed/swatch:
Liquid Matte Lipstick

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...