Friday, August 15, 2014

Too Faced Natural Eyes Neutral Eye Shadow Collection

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to receive April Box of PopSugar Must Have. You can check out my post and see what was in my April Box. One of the items I received was Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette.

Product Review: Too Faced Natural Eyes Neutral Eye Shadow Collection

Where to purchase: Sephora, ULTA, department stores, and online at toofaced.com
Price: $36 for 3 Eye Shadows (2.0 g/ 0.07 oz, Total Weight 6.0 g/ 0.21 oz) & 6 Eye Shadows (0.9 g/ 0.03 oz, Total Weight 5.4 g/ 0.18 oz)

Made in USA

Description from the package: Natural Eyes has been reborn with three new, must-have shades for the modern woman. Flaunt your natural side with eye looks you can wear before breakfast or after dark. Our palette of nine richly-pigmented shadows pair perfectly, blend beautifully, and stay put longer than most Hollywood relationships. It's a collection so natural, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. Includes our signature glamour Guide, with three looks to get you started.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: When I saw this in my box, I was extremely excited! Not only do I like Too Faced products, it's neutral eyeshadows. Everyone knows how much I love neutral eye makeup, as well as, that's pretty much what I wear in daily basis.
Here's how the palette looks like. The old version of this palette came in a cardboard packaging. I actually like that the new version is made out of aluminum, and has a magnet that opens and closes.
Here's how the palette looks open. It also comes with "How-To." Behind the "How-To" manual, there's actually a small mirror. I tried taking a picture but it came out bad.
Here's a picture of the eyeshadows from the palette. The new version has 3 new eyeshadow colors; Cashmere Bunny replaced Velvet Revolver, Nudie replaced Nude Beach, and Chocolate Martini replaced Cocoa Puff.
Here's a closer picture of one of the shimmery eyeshadows, Push-Up.
Here's a closer picture of one of the mattes, Nudie (new color from the collection).

Now for the swatches...
The first three are the top three colors from left to right; Heaven, Cashmere Bunny, and Sexspresso.
These are the middle row from left to right; Silk Teddy, Push-Up, and Erotica.
The last three swatch is from the bottom row; Nudie, Honey Pot, and Chocolate Martini.
The "How-To" manual comes with three different looks; Day, Classic, and Fashion.

Now for looks I did with the palette...
Look #1:
I applied Silk Teddy on the inner half, Push-Up on the outer half, and Sexspresso on the outer v and crease.
Here's an overall look.

Look #2:
I cannot remember what I used in this picture.
Here's an overall look. I'm wearing Wet n Wild Lip Stain in Legendary Face.

Look #3:
I used Honey Pot on the inner half, Erotica on the outer half, and Sexspresso on the outer v and crease.
Here's an overall look.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I love the packaging. In my opinion, I think it's better than the older version. I love cardboard packaging but I think aluminum is much better in every way possible. For one thing, there won't be no fingerprints and noticeable loose eyeshadows. It's also travel-friendly but I think you need to be careful with the magnet opening/closing. I noticed it's extremely easy to open. Secondly, I love that it comes with matte and shimmery eyeshadows. Not everyone is into shimmers or matte. This palette is good for every single person or at least in my opinion as long as you like natural eye makeup. I also love how pigmented and how great the eyeshadows blend together. Lastly, it's long lasting and does not crease on me.

Pros:
* Too Faced; a well-known brand.
* Aluminum packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Small and compact.
* Great daily wear look.
* Comes with both shimmers and matte.
* Pigmented.
* Blends well together.
* Long lasting.

Cons:
* Magnet opening/closing; can be easy to open.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Too Faced products reviewed/swatch:
Baked Eyeshadow
Full Bloom Cheek & Lip Creme Color
Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

9 comments:

LauraLeia said...

The shimmer shades look lovely! I've not tried Too Faced products before (mainly because it's quite expensive) but I definitely have a few items in mind if ever I do hit a goldmine. :P

Sachi said...

This is so up your alley! This seems like a great every day pallet, so many looks you can make with it

Elena Dal Maso said...

The shimmer shades look great. Too Faced is a very good brand, I agree with you :)
Nice swatches and pics, thanks a lot for this lovely review :)))

xoxo
www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

Kim A. said...

oh wow ahleessa! those shades are so pretty. i love a mix of matte and shimmer. love the new packaging too. i just bought naked 3 (bust the bank! LOL) these mimic naked 3's shades. great review.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Beatriz Garcia said...

I love it!!! I have this one!!! I use it for my everyday look!!! And so versatile! Day wear and evening drama look all in one!!!

Ahleessa said...

I totally agree with you! It's a very versatile look. :)

Ahleessa said...

You're welcome! Too Faced is a good brand.

Ahleessa said...

This is definitely up my alley. You know me so well now... hehe~ :)

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! I hope you hit goldmine soon... hehe~ :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...