Friday, September 28, 2018

Pat McGrath Labs Mattetrance Lipstick in Venus in Furs

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In early September 2018, I purchased some products from Sephora.
Here's my haul. For this post, I will review the lipstick from Pat McGrath Labs on the middle left.

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at patmcgrath.com
Price: $38 for 4 g/ 0.14 oz

Made in Italy

Description from the website: A revolutionary lipstick so luxurious and richly pigmented, it drenches lips in a lightweight veil of opaque colour while delivering a mesmerizingly modern matte finish. Sensually creamy and brilliant in texture, this collection evokes the femme fatale siren with every application. Colour and finish so sinful, your pout will speak volumes without ever whispering a word.
Thoughts: When Sephora started carrying Pat McGrath Labs products, I've been curious about them. On the other hand, I just couldn't spend that much money on their beauty products. In the beginning of September when they were having a percentage off their store/website, I thought I would try Pat McGrath Labs.
Here's a closer look at the lipstick.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a swatch of the color on my hand.
Here's how the lipstick looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Viseart Theory Eyeshadow Palette in Cashmere on the eyes.

Now for the overall opinion... First of all, there's no scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and I didn't smell anything. Secondly, the packaging is to die for. When I was watching past YouTube videos on Pat McGrath Labs lipsticks, the lipsticks were packaged in a plastic bag full of gold confetti. I don't know what happened but the packaging changed. It comes in a box. It is up to the individual which packaging they like. I think the confetti packaging is more unique and pretty. On the other hand, there's nothing you can do with the packaging. Most people will throw them away or at least I would. The box packaging comes in more handy. You can put any lipstick in the box and throw it in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's more useful. With that said, the packaging of the lipstick is gorgeous as well. It's black with gold lips. It's unique and stands out among lipsticks from other brands. The gold lips does not remove or at least I've tried multiple times. The packaging is well-made and sturdy. I believe it's made out of thick plastic but it kind looks like metal. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close, as well as, a clicking noise. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is creamy. With matte lipsticks, they can be smooth or gritty. This particular lipstick applied smooth. It's glided on and did not tug on the lips. With that said, it's easy to apply. The sharp part I use to outline the lips and the flat to fill in the remaining. Here's what I was most disappointed. I don't know if I got a bad batch or all the lipsticks from Pat McGrath Labs does this. When I first swatch the lipstick on my hand (I take pictures before applying), I can tell the lipstick moves. I had to be gentle because I was scared of breaking the lipstick. When I apply on my lips, I can feel the movement as well. For a well known brand, as well as, expensive, this wasn't what I expected. Other than that, everything was good. Fourth, the color is really pretty. They say it's on the rose side but I think it's more a mauve. It's a great fall and winter color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. One layer was good enough to show on my skin. Lastly, most of the lipstick came off while eating. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. I was expecting all the colors to come off but there was a thin outer layer. It looked like an outline and it didn't come off until much later. I thought that was unique. With that said, it's light-weight, comfortable, and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got to try this lipstick since I've been so curious about the brand.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Gorgeous packaging both lipstick and what it comes in.
* Box packaging can be reused.
* Unique, stand out lipstick packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; tight seal when you open and close, as well as, clicking noise.
* Travel-friendly.
* Creamy consistency.
* Applied smooth.
* Glides on and does not tug on the lips.
* Easy to apply; sharp part to outline the lips and flat to fill in the remaining.
* Pretty color.
* Great for fall and winter weather.
* Pigmented.
* Light-weight.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Most of the lipstick lasted until I age.

Cons:
* Expensive.
* The lipstick moves with application.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...