Thursday, January 20, 2011

Too Faced Baked Eyeshadow in Amber Asteroid

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post I bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Last week, I went to Nordstrom Rack and saw Too Faced Galaxy Glam Collection. I was so drawn to the marbleized eyeshadows. I wanted most of the colors, but the ones that spoke to me were the purple (Magenta Moon), green (Moon Beam), bronze (Mocha Meteor), and golden-brown (Amber Asteroid).

I decided it's safe to just get one since there's no return policy after using it. I thought it was the safest to get Amber Asteroid since it's in my area of color... hehe~ If I like it, I can go back and get more. :X After playing around with it, it's time I review. :D
Product Review: Too Faced Baked Eyeshadow in Amber Asteroid

Where can you purchase this: Sephora, Ulta, anywhere they sell Too Faced products, and Too Faced website (I got mine from Nordstrom Rack. It doesn't mean all Nordstrom Rack carries this. It's by luck.)
Price: $19.50 for 3 g/0.1 oz (I got mine for $5.97)

Made in USA

Description on the website: Like metallic meteors from outer space throwing sparks of iridescent light across the night sky Galaxy Glam leaps into hyper-drive to deliver the most glamorous eye shadow look this side of the Milky Way. Futuristic Italian opalescent pigments are baked into each silver-domed shadow that mix together to produce a multi-dimensional smoky-eye light speed ahead of any mere earthly cosmetic product.
My thoughts: When I first saw this at Nordstrom Rack, my mouth dropped wanting everything... hehe~ I felt like a child at a candy store. :D After I calmed down and came to realization, I decided to only get one. I really wanted the green and the purple, but the question is when do I wear green and purple!?!?... lol~ :X It's a good thing I didn't get those colors... hehe~ I still want those color at the moment, but I think it'll be a waste since I hardly wear those colors. I, literally, sat there thinking about which brown to get. I even look on Makeup Alley on my cell phone to see what people thought about the colors. I decided Amber Asteroid would be the best fit for me... hehe~
Amber Asteroid is brown with goldish-green swirls. Here is the swatch of the colors. The left is the goldish-green swirls, the middle is just the brown, and the far right is the mixture of the brown and the swirls. It's kind of a dirty green... hehe~

I couldn't wait to play around with this baby... hehe~ I read on Makeup Alley that the mixture of color is gorgeous on the eyes especially in the sun. Out of curiosity, that's the first I played with... lol~
I used the mixture of color, brown and swirls, on the lids and MAC eyeshadow in Mulch on the outer V and crease. I love how you can see the the dirty green color. I would not mix it with Mulch again though. Mulch is more on the orange-y brown color. Why did I mix it with the dirty green! I have no clue... lol~ :X I'll probably mix it with just the brown the next time I go for this look... hehe~
Here's how it looks when my eyes are closed.
Another angle of the same look... hehe~

I liked the above look, but I felt it was kind of dirty for my taste... lol~ They said the eyeshadow can be used wet or dry. I was curious how the green swirl will look wet.
I used the brown from the eyeshadow on the outer V and crease. I wet the swirls and put it on my lid. It doesn't show on the picture, but it was a metallic light green color. It's pretty in person! :) I also recommend clicking on the picture to see a better version of the metallic green... wheee~

After playing around with the eyeshadow, I definitely recommend it. Even though you only get one eyeshadow, it's very versatile with the different colors. It lasts all day, both wet and dry, and out of curiosity I wanted to know if the swirl was only on the top. I chipped the eyeshadow on the side with a tooth pick to see if there were any green swirls inside. In my shock, I saw a brand new green swirl on the bottom of the brown!... wheee~

Pros:
* Too Faced.
* Simple, cute silver packaging.
* Baked eyeshadow.
* Marbleized.
* Swirls are not only on the top. There's some inside.
* Can use one color or mix them together.
* Can be used dry or wet.
* When used wet, it's metallic.
* Does not crease.
* Last all day.

Cons:
* Scratch in the middle of the top container; cheap quality.
* Minimum amount of swirls.

Would I repurchase: Yes, for other colors.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Remember my post on Tokidoki brushes? I wasn't too sure what to do with the cute, cheap plastic box it came with.
I had this idea before someone (Dao) comment on it, but I thought it'll take up more space than I need... hehe~ I already use the MAC Hello Kitty brush set container for all my brushes. I just didn't want another container around. I got tired of laying my Tokidoki brushes, and decided I'll just use these for those brushes only... hehe~ I cut the plastic on the top, and filled it with the glass rock from Michael's (I had these from long time ago). I only keep the long Stila brushes (I only own two) and Tokidoki brushes. It's better this way than just laying my Tokidoki brushes everywhere... lol~ :X

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post I bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

12 comments:

amynaree said...

the colors are so unique and pretty! and you got it at such a good deal! i need to hit up nordstrom rack more

Gaby Fauchon said...

Wow, the eyehsadows look very pigmented!

Denysia Yu said...

I saw those Too Faced eyeshadows at nordstrom rack! but my bf said that I already had lots of shadows, and that I didn't need anymore. haha.

which one did you go to? There is one by the house, that has a lot of great cosmetics!

Anonymous said...

I really that pop of browny green!

Thanks for commenting :) I don't really PS unless for cropping or watermarking my pictures. The lip swatches on my current post is just a cropped picture of my whole face - it showed a nicer result than just taking my lips. There were too much flash for just the lips. I like to take my pictures in a full natural light condition if possible :) my apt is pretty airy so I get a lot of natural light. If lack if natural just flash.

ndoodles said...

Yeah, it sucks that you mostly get the brown and not as much of the green - nevertheless... both still very pretty!

kawaiikao said...

very pretty swatches and good idea with the plastic container!

Mona said...

the green is lovely! i'm not too fond of the packaging but the pretty color makes up for it :)

noone said...

when I saw the toki doki collection at sephora I fell in love. it's the cutest thing ever. not sure how the quality of their stuff is but I'd buy it for cuteness sake. especially those eyeshadows that came with a charm under it!

HitomiNeko said...

oo i love the brush container idea~ I shall get the glass rocks too ^^

xoxo hitomineko xoxo

Shop N' Chomp said...

Wow, that is gorgeous! =D Really love the metallic sheen it gives. I need to pay more attention to the makeup selection at the Rack. Nice job too on reusing the box that way! Glass rock just gives it such a cool touch. =D

Jenni said...

love the eye look you did, so sultry and gorgeous!!! and what a cute brush container you made too!

DinaXYYan said...

I have this in moon beam but haven't used it much...
your brush holder is so cute :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...