Friday, April 1, 2016

Too Faced Melted Chocolate Liquified Lipstick in Chocolate Milkshake

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

January 2016, I went to Generation Beauty LA. I got a bunch of products either from the brands or in my goody bags.

Here are the items I got. I already reviewed Benefit They're Real! Mascara (top middle), Laneige BB Cushion in Light (top middle), and Pixi in Wakeup Wisteria nail polish (bottom right). For this post, I will review the lip product from Too Faced in the bottom middle.
Product Review: Too Faced Melted Chocolate Liquified Lipstick in Chocolate Milkshake

Where to purchase: Sephora, ULTA, department stores, and online at toofaced.com
Price: $21 for 12 mL/ 0.4 fl oz

Made in Italy

Description from the package: We infused our famous Melted Lipstick with real cocoa powder for a lip-loving antioxidant-rich treat! Liquified long wear lipstick comfortably coats lips in bursts of high-impact, saturated color with a decadent chocolate scent. Innovative angled velvet tip allows for precise application. No brush needed!
Ingredients:
Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Fragrance/Parfum, Silica Silylate, Benzyl Benzoate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Benzyl Alcohol, Dicalcium Phosphate, Methicone, Mica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Theobroma Cacao Fruit Powder, Tin Oxide, Tocopheryl Acetate. May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Thoughts: I've always been intrigued of Too Faced Melted lip products. In all honesty, I actually own one but I haven't tried it yet. It's still in the box. I have so much products that I don't know where to start. That's a whole different story.
Here's a closer look at the velvet tip.
It comes in a tube and you squeeze. The product will come out of the velvet tip. It's pretty interesting and unique.
Here's a swatch of the lip product on my hand.
Here's how the Chocolate Milkshake look on me. It's a gorgeous, neutral caramel color.
Here's an overall look. I have CoverGirl TruNaked in Goldens on my eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it does smell like chocolate. It can be overbearing if you are sensitive with smell. I actually don't mind and it doesn't bother me. Now that I'm so used to the smell, I hardly even notice while applying. Secondly going back to packaging, it is convenient. It's extremely easy to use. All you have to do is squeeze and get product on the velvet tip then apply. With that said, I don't know if it's the most sanitary safe product. The product will build up on the velvet tip with time. I don't know if some people want to re-use it. It's all personal taste. I'm sure you can clean it with makeup remover wipes. It's also travel-friendly. Third, it had a creamy consistency. It goes on smoothly and does not tug on the lips. It's also pigmented. I wouldn't say extremely opaque but you don't have to layer multiple times to get color on the lips. Lastly, it lasted until I ate/drank. I wouldn't say it's long wearing as they claim, but it's decent. It's also definitely not drying. I didn't notice any white residue in the center of the lips, as well as, tightness with over time. This is a good thing especially since I have really dry lips.

Pros:
* Smells like chocolate.
* Convenient.
* Easy to use.
* Travel-friendly.
* Creamy consistency.
* Goes on smoothly.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Pigmented.
* Lasted until I eat/drink.
* Not drying.

Cons:
* The smell can be overbearing.
* Not sanitary-safe.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...