Monday, February 8, 2016

Manicure Monday: CoverGirl in Red Revenge

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Please don't forget to enter JORD $25 E-gift Card. It's good until end of March, 2016.


If you don't follow CoverGirl on Instagram, you are missing out! They're always having giveaways. I was fortunate to win a great set of different products.

I took this picture from my Instagram. For this post, I will review the nail polish on the top middle.
Product Review: CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant in #180 Red Revenge

Where to purchase: drugstores, mass merchandiser, and online at covergirl.com
Price: $5.49 for 11 mL/ 0.37 fl oz

Made in France

Description on the website: Dare to go topless with our new high-gloss nail polish formula that combines a base coat, high-gloss color, and a chip-resistant top coat in one simple step. Choose from 38 brilliant shades for all of your nail designs!
Thoughts: Last year, I heard great things about CoverGirl polishes. I'm not sure if this is the line or the other one. With that said, I was excited to finally try this line.
Here's a closer look at the color and I have to say it's true to color!
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI, it's thinner. It's on the thin side. The width, on the other hand, is the same.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Seche Clear Crystal Clear Base Coat, 2 coats of CoverGirl in Red Revenge, and then topped it off with CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I find the brush on the thin side. I find it hard to paint around the cuticles. Then again a lot of people are good at painting around the cuticles even with thin brushes. I'm just not one of them. Secondly, The consistency is in-between thin to medium. I find it easy to paint and take my time, because it doesn't dry that quickly while applying. With that said, it goes on smoothly and there's no streaking and bubbles. Third, I've never been a red person. I hardly wear red even in clothes. For some odd reason, I've been wanting to wear red on my nails. The color isn't a dark, bloody red. It's more a reddish-orange which I find gorgeous. Fourth, I'm not too sure if it's the nail polish or the top coat. This is the second polish with this top coat from CND that does the same thing. Whenever I accidentally touch paper, it leaves a mark from the polish. I need to test this out more with the top coat. Anyways, this polish leaves a mark on paper. When it comes to removing, it comes off easily and slightly stains the skin. Lastly, I was impressed with the longevity. It lasted five days before I saw slight chipping at the tip. It's barely noticeable. I just noticed and it was on the sides of the tips only.

Pros:
* Thin to medium consistency.
* Easy to paint.
* Can take your time.
* No streaking.
* No bubbles.
* Gorgeous color.
* Easy to remove.
* Lasted 5 days before slight chipping.

Cons:
* Thin brush.
* Leaves a paint mark on papers.
* Slightly stain the skin.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...