Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Besame Cosmetics Fragrance in 1960

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Please don't forget to enter JORD $25 E-gift Card. It's good until end of March, 2016.


End of 2014, I attended Besame Cosmetics Brightening Face Powders Launch Event with collaboration with Latina Lifestyle Bloggers Collective. I received a goody bag from Besame Cosmetics.

I already reviewed Besame Cosmetics Brightening Vanilla Powder. For this post, I will review the fragrance.
Product Review: Besame Cosmetics Fragrance in 1960

Where to purchase: Besame Cosmetics and online at besamecosmetics.com
Price: $68 for 50 mL

Description on the website: The Decades of Fragrance Collection is the fruity of 6 years of research and exploration to bring you the essence of each decade featured in the collection. We wanted to give you an olfactory picture of a decade of time, using familiar ingredients from each period to create an impression in your mind of a time gone by. Each perfume extract is meticulously crafted from precious essential oils and natural alcohol. Be transported to your favorite era with each of our intoxicating scents.

Dabble in time with our Decades Collection.

Classic vs modern, the Graduate, 1960s Chypre Floral
*Top notes: grapefruit, armoise, corlander
* Heart notes: rose, reseda, jasmine
* Base notes: patchouli, oud, oakmoss
* 50 mL glass bottle, travel cap and atomizer pump.
Thoughts: When I sniffed all the different fragrances, this stood out to me the most. It's the most sweetest out of the bunch.
Here's a closer look at the fragrance I received. From the website, the packaging is different. It's a lot cuter and so elegant.
Here's a closer look at the spray.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the packaging of the bottle I received is just plain normal. The packaging the fragrance normally comes in is gorgeous! It's extremely attractive and will look great on any display. It will also stand out. Secondly, the scent is on the sweet floral side. It's very refreshing, as well as, sweet which is what I usually like. I'm not a big fan of musky smell and this definitely isn't. Third and when I first started wearing this scent, I thought it was overbearing in the sense it was way too strong. Within an hour of wearing it, I got used to it and ended up liking this a lot. Lastly, I was impressed with the longevity. From my experience, fragrances don't last that long on me. I've always wanted to be one of those girls who only wear body sprays and several hours later, you still can smell it. That's not me. For that reason, I was impressed with this fragrance! It lasted a good half a day which is amazing.

Pros:
* Adorable, attractive packaging.
* Sweet, floral scent.
* Refreshing.
* Not musky.
* Long lasting.
* Lasted half a day on me.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Besame Cosmetics products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...