Monday, February 15, 2016

Manicure Monday: Deborah Lippmann in Cleopatra In New York

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Please don't forget to enter JORD $25 E-gift Card. It's good until end of March, 2016.


When I saw Debbie Lippman polishes at Nordstrom Rack, I knew I had to grab one.

This is Cleopatra In New Work. Since I did a thorough review of Deborah Lippman in Do The Mermaid, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the polish. It's described as "gold studded black." I don't know if I completely agree but it's close enough.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite brush OPI, it's shorter and thinner. I would consider the width to be on the thin side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Seche Clear Crystal Clear Base Coat, 2 coats of Deborah Lippman in Cleopatra In New York, and then topped it off with CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is on the thin side. I did have some difficulties painting around the cuticles but then again, that's just me. I just need to practice more even after all these years. Secondly, the consistency is in-between thin to medium. You can take your time with painting and not worry about it drying quickly. With that said, it goes on smoothly and there's no streaking and bubbles. Third and speaking of color, like I said I don't completely agree with the website description. I don't think it's completely black. I would say it's more charcoal black. Basically, it's close to the color black but a little bit lighter. The way the black looked. It didn't look like a polish but more gel-like. Now for the sparkles, it isn't the gold I'm used to. It's more a  bronze-gold if that makes sense. Fourth, the glitters are everywhere. It doesn't fall to the bottom and you don't have to search for them. Each application, there's a good amount of glitters on the brush. Fifth, the color is perfect for fall to winter season. It's a gorgeous color or at least I think it's unique. With that said, it does take some effort to remove because of the glitters. Lastly, it lasted five days before I noticed slight chipping.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Deborah Lippman polishes reviewed/swatches:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...