Friday, February 12, 2016

NYX Ombre Lip Duo in Rags & Riches

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post I bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Please don't forget to enter JORD $25 E-gift Card. It's good until end of March, 2016.


When I went to ULTA, I saw new products from NYX Cosmetics. I had to grab some. For this post, I will review their ombre lip products.

Product Review: NYX Ombre Lip Duo in #OLD10 Rags & Riches

Where to purchase: ULTA, CVS, Target, and online at nyxcosmetics.com
Price: $11.99 for 0.015 oz/ 0.45 g for lipstick and 0.004 oz/ 0.14 g for lip liner

Made in USA

Description from the website: Dress your pout in two-toned style with our Ombre Lip Duos, the new 2-in-1 lip colors inspired by the ombre trend. Each lip duo features two coordinating shades of lip liner and satiny matte lipstick to create the perfect ombre pout.
Ingredients:
Lip Liner
Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Cire de Carnauba, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Isododecane, Ozokerite, Alumina, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol , Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410). (FIL D187338/1)


Lipstick
Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Cire de Carnauba, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ozokerite, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Water/Aqua/Eau, Talc, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 21 (CI 45380), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985). (FIL D187341/1)

Thoughts: When it comes to ombre lips, I think of Korea or the chola years. It's still not that popular in the US unless you work in the makeup industry. The only reason I bought this is because I could use it as a normal lip product. I can either use the lip liner as a full lip color, lipstick, or even mix both as one color.
Here's a closer look at the lipstick. It's a gorgeous, matte color.
Here's a closer look at the lip liner.
Here's a swatch on my hand; lipstick on the left and lip liner on the right.

Now for how it looks on me...
Lip Liner:
I wanted to try the ombre look. Here's how the lip liner looks on my natural lip.
Here's an overall look of the lip liner.

Ombre:
Here's how the lip liner looks on the outside and filled in with the lipstick.
Here's an overall look.

Lipstick:
The lipstick by itself.
Here's how the lipstick looks on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's still no scent. Secondly, the packaging is simple. I love that they're both retractable. You don't need to sharpen, as well as, the color of the packaging matches the color of the lip product. Not exactly matches, but close enough. The lip liner side will always be darker than the lipstick side. I find that interesting because it's more a chola style than Korean. Koreans have paler outside and darker/brighter close to the mouth. Third, the consistency is extremely creamy. Both the lip liner and lipstick glides on the lips. There's no tugging and it's opaque. I'm pretty impressed especially with the lip liner. Most lip liners are rougher which makes smudging harder. You won't have that issue with this product! Fourth, it did not dry out my lips. I have really dry lips that anything will dry it like crazy. When lip products don't dry my lips, that's a good sign. Lastly, it lasted until I ate/drank.

Pros:
* Comes in a variety of colors.
* Simple packaging.
* Retractable.
* Packaging closely matches the color of the lip product.
* No scent.
* Consistency is creamy.
* Does not tug on the lips; glides on.
* Opaque.
* Easy to mix the colors.
* Does not dry out the lips.
* Lasted until I ate/drank.

Cons:
* Set color mixtures, lip liner and lipstick.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other NYX products reviewed/swatch:
Butter Lipsticks
Chunky Dunk Hydrating Lippie
Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post I bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...