Friday, February 19, 2016

e.l.f. Illuminating Palette

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliate with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Please don't forget to enter JORD $25 E-gift Card. It's good until end of March, 2016.

Please don't forge to enter Stilazzi Eyeshadows and Blush Refills Giveaway. It ends March 8, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PST (Pacific time).


In November 2015, I received some products from e.l.f. Cosmetics.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed e.l.f. Moisturizing Lipstick in Marsala Blush (bottom right) and e.l.f. Prism Eyeshadow in Sunset (top right). For this post, I will review the illuminating palette on the top left.
Product Review: e.l.f. Illuminating Palette

Where to purchase: CVS, Target, Kmart and online at elfcosmetics.com
Price: $6 for 0.56 oz/ 16 g

Made in China

Description on the package: This powder illuminating palette holds 4 shades of color that are designed to mix and match for a custom blended radiance that captures, diffuses, and softens the way light reflects on the skin.

The soft-focus powders are great for highlighting around the eyes and on cheekbones to enhance the skin with a luminous effect.

Infused with Vitamin E and Argan Oil to help nourish and hydrate the skin.
Ingredients:
Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Silica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Boron Nitride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)
Thoughts: When I saw this, I was so stoke. This was perfect with the new trend of highlighting, strobing, and whatever people might call it.
Here's how the palette looks open.
Here's a closer look at the four illuminating powder.
Here's a closer look at one of the powder, this is the one on the bottom right.
Here's a swatch of the top two powder from left to right.
Here's a swatch of the bottom two powder from left to right.
Here's how the illuminating powder looks on the high points of my cheeks and the tip of my nose. I have e.l.f. Moisturizing Lipstick in Marsala Blush, lipstick only, on the lips and e.l.f. Prism Eyeshadow in Sunset on the eyes.
Here's another look with the illuminating palette on the high points of my cheeks and tip of the nose.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no scent whatsoever. I just sniffed the product to make sure and yup, there's still no scent. Secondly, the palette comes with a mirror. It makes it travel-friendly. On the other hand, you do have to be careful how you carry the product. If you drop this by accident or put it in a wrong position while traveling, I can see it crack. Third, it has a slight layer of shine/gloss. Once you remove the top layer, it's on the matte side. This is definitely good for people who want slight shine on the skin and natural light reflecting off the powder. With that said, the powder is not compact and on the loose side.
This is what I'm talking about. Whenever I use a brush, the powder was all over the place. After several times, I decided to start using with my finger. It's a lot better. You will not have loose powder all over the palette. I highly recommend using this product with your finger! Fourth, it comes with four powders but the difference on the skin is barely noticeable. It'll be okay to mix and match. You won't notice the color difference or at least I don't on my skin. With that said, I think it'll look good on all skin. It might not be that noticeable on really pale skin and possibility oily skin. Lastly, it lasted all day on me.

Pros:
* No scent.
* Comes with a mirror.
* Travel-friendly.
* Slight shine/gloss on the top layer of the powder.
* Matte powder.
* Best to use with a finger!
* Can mix and match.
* Good on all skin.
* Lasted all day on me.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Can crack easily.
* Not compact.
* All over the place when used with a brush.
* No color difference on the skin.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws


Other e.l.f. products reviewed/swatched:
Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow
Moisturizing Lipstick
Prism Eyeshadow

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliate with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...