Monday, March 9, 2015

Formula X Prime Base Coat

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post was given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

End of last year (2014), I was gifted by a wonderful friend.

I took this picture from my Instagram. For this post, I will review the base coat.
Product Review: Formula X Prime Base Coat

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at sephora.com
Price: $10.50 for 12 mL/0.4 fl oz

Made in UK

Description from the website:
What it is:
A binding, ultrasticky base coat that primes nails for a flawless, long-lasting application.

What it does:
The combination of an advanced adhesive primer and essential bonding agents forms a sticky layer that fuses with your lacquer and prolongs polish performance.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: When my friend told me about this base coat, I was intrigued. At the same time, I didn't want to purchase until I finish all the base coats I have. So when I received this, I was stoke! Now that I finished Orly Calcium Base Coat, I decided to try this goody.
Liked all Formula X nail products, it comes with another top.
Here's a closer look at the polish/base coat.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, my perfect medium brush, it's thinner in width but the same length.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the consistency of the polish is on the medium. I find it easy to layer a nice, thin coat. My last base coat was so thick in consistency that it layered a thick base coat. I don't know if having a thick or thin base is a good thing. All I know is that you need a sticky texture so the polish can adhere to it. With that said, this base coat leaves a sticky texture. I just test out the sticky texture with one finger. It feels like cotton candy. As I was lifting my finger, I saw thin cotton-like thread lifting from the base coat. I found it interesting. Secondly and thankfully, it's only a base coat. Since I find the brush thin, it can be hard to paint the nails. I have to brush several times to get my nails. Since it's clear, I don't worry about being careful. I just layer as soon as possible. Lastly, I don't know if I would say it makes my nail polish last longer but it's about the same with other combination of polishes I've used (nail strengthener, base coat, polishes, and top coat).

Pros:
* Attractive packaging.
* Thin consistency; thin layer.
* Easy to use.
* Sticky texture.
* No streaking and bubbles.
* Protect the nail beds from turning yellow.
* Helps the polish last longer.
* Parabens-free.

Cons:
* Waste of space; comes with 2 tops.
* Polish several times on each nails; thin brush.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Formula X nail products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post was given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...