Monday, January 6, 2020

Bath & Body Works Shea & Vitamin E Body Lotion in Japanese Cherry Blossom

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe I received this product. There was a time Bath & Body Works were giving out free monthly products. It only lasted for several months.

Where to purchase: Bath & Body works and online at bathandbodyworks.com
Price: $12.50 for 8 oz/ 236 mL

Description from the package: Our exclusive, award-winning Japanese Cherry Blossom fragrance evokes the alluring beauty of the exotic gardens of Japan. This timeless scent is an exquisite blend of Japanese cherry blossom, Asian pear and mimosa petals artfully layered with white jasmine and creamy sandalwood.

Our Body Lotion is the perfect daily moisturizer:
* Provides 16 hours of continuous moisture
* Infused with Shea Butter and our exclusive Daily Moisture Complex of protective Vitamin E, Aloe and conditioning Vitamin B5
* Non-greasy formula absorbs quickly, leaving skin feeling soft, smooth and nourished
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: Again, I'm not 100% sure but I believe I choose the scent. I've heard good things about this scent and thought it wouldn't hurt to try.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the body lotion on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a light scent while applying. I think I got used to the scent that I hardly notice anymore. I just sniffed the product, and it has a mixture of fruit and floral. Not too sure what the scent is but I actually like it. It's light and refreshing. It will be a great all year. I kind of an oddball, in the sense, I like using certain scents for the season. For example, peach will be great for spring and summer. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's simple, clean, and attractive. From the website, it looks like the label in the front is different than the one I have. The present one, the one on the website, looks nice as well. I also like that it comes in a see through packaging. I like seeing the products go down. I feel so productive since I own so many products. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy and you have full control of the quantity you take out. I can feel a tight seal, as well as, a clicking noise when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It'a also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and medium. It's not too thick that you need to massage a lot to be absorbed into your skin. It's also not too thin that it runs everywhere. It's a good consistency. To be honest, I prefer the Ulta Shea Body Cream over this. Mainly for the consistency. Ulta Shea Body Cream is thicker than the Body Lotion. I have really dry hands and it needs a lot of moisture. The Ulta Shea Body Cream hydrates better on my aging hands. Even though I prefer Ulta Shea Body Cream, the Body Lotion isn't bad either. It's good for the light days like summer. This lotion will be great for normal to oily skin. It's also good for dry skin during the summer. It's not too hydrating for the dry winter season. With that said, it's easy to use. I just pump the lotion and massage into my skin. It absorbs quickly, light-weight, not greasy, not sticky, and leaves the skin looking nice and soft. Lastly, it lasts until I wash my hands. I used this particular lotion as a hand cream at work. I would reapply after I came back from the restroom. It's more moisturizing during the fall but this winter season, I need something stronger. I'm glad I got this product. I got a lot of compliments from my co-workers. They love the smell. I got used to it that I hardly noticed it on me anymore.

Pros:
* Light scent while applying.
* Great all year.
* Simple, clean, and attractive packaging.
* See through packaging; can see product go down.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal and clicking noise when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy and medium consistency.
* Great for normal to oily skin.
* Easy to use.
* Absorbs quickly.
* Light-weight.
* No greasy.
* Not sticky.
* Skin looks nice and soft.
* Lasts until I wash my hands.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Not hydrating for the dry, winter weather when it comes to dry skin.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Bath & Body Works products reviewed/swatch:
Ultra Shea Body Cream

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...