Friday, February 14, 2020

Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lip Kit in Moon

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In August 2019, Kylie Cosmetics had a sale on their Matte Lip Kits.

I took advantage and bought myself some. I already reviewed Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lip Kit in Kylie (left). For this post, I will review the lip kit third from the left.
This is Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lip Kit in Moon. Since I did a thorough review of Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lip Kit in Maliboo, I will base on this. I cannot find this on the website, it's either sold out or discontinued.

Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Here's a closer look at the liquid lipstick.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a closer look at the pencil.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here are the swatches of the liquid lipsticks I have reviewed on my hand from left to right; Maliboo, Moon, Candy K., Kylie, and Ginger.
Here are the swatches of the lip pencils I have reviewed on my hand from left to right: Maliboo, Moon, Candy K., Kylie, and Ginger.
Here's how the liquid lipstick looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Pat McGrath Labs Eye Ecstasy Eye Shadow Palette Mini on the eyes.
Here's how the lip pencil looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Pat McGrath Labs Eye Ecstasy Eye Shadow Palette Mini on the eyes.
Here's how the liquid lipstick on top of the lip pencil looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Pat McGrath Labs Eye Ecstasy Eye Shadow Palette Mini on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a scent while applying the liquid lipstick. It smells like vanilla. I just sniffed the product and it has a strong vanilla scent. It's not my type of scent but it's doable. The lip liner, on the other hand, does not have any scent while using. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I've always like the packaging of the liquid lipstick. It's simple and I like the design. Not only that, it's see through. Since I own more than one, I can distinguish the color instead of looking at the bottom. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. The lip pencil, on the other hand, I don't know what to think. This is the second lip kit I tried from this purchase and the top does not stay put. I have to be careful how I lay the pencil, or else the top will fall off and the pencil will mark things. I did not experience this with any of the lip kits from the first purchase. It's either telling me the production has gone down or I have really bad luck. Both can be possible with me. For this reason, the lip pencil is not travel-friendly unless the top you get stay put. Going back to the liquid lipstick, it has a typical doe foot applicator you find in a lot of liquid lipsticks. It's slanted on one side. I use the tip to outline the lips and the flat surface to fill in the remaining. Third, the consistency of the liquid lipstick is liquidity. I wouldn't say it's the most liquidity liquid lipstick I have tried. It's a good consistency. It goes on easily and does not tug on the lips. The lip pencil is creamy. The lip liner goes on smoothly and does not tug on the lips as well. With that said, they are both easy to use. I do recommend exfoliating before using both the liquid lipstick and lip pencil. Since they are both matte, they will show your imperfections like chapped lips. The lip pencil is not transfer-proof, whereas, the liquid lipstick is. The liquid lipstick will go on shiny and will dry matte within minutes. Once it's dried, it will not transfer. They are both light-weight, not greasy, not sticky, and doesn't feel like you are wearing anything. Fourth, the lip liner is more a reddish brown whereas the liquid lipstick is brown. They are both good for fall and winter season. I definitely do not recommend the liquid lipstick at a conservative work environment. The lip pencil I think will be fine. Pigmentation-wise they are good. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but it is up there. One layer was good enough for my skin tone for both the liquid lipstick and lip liner. Lastly. they both lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, they don't last that long on me. If you don't wipe your mouth, it should last longer. It's comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got to try this. I like the color of the lip pencil more so than the liquid lipstick. I don't think the color of the liquid lipstick looks good on me.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Kylie Cosmetics products reviewed/swatch:
KyShadow
Matte Lip Kit
Velvet Liquid Lipstick

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...