Wednesday, February 12, 2020

NYX Bare With Me Hydrating Jelly Primer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

On May 17, 2019 I attended PopSugar and NYX So LA Summer House. I was fortunate to receive a swag bag.
Here are the products I received. I already reviewed NYX Filler Instinct Plumping Lip Polish in Cheap Fills (bottom middle) and NYX On The Rise Volume Liftscara (middle). For this post, I will review the primer from NYX on the top right.
Product Review: NYX Bare With Me Hydrating Jelly Primer

Where to purchase: ULTA, CVS, Target, and online at nyxcosmetics.com
Price: $17 for 1.41 oz/ 40 g

Made in China

Description from the package: Hit Refresh. Infused with aloe and cucumber, this lightweight, bouncy, water-based jelly primer moisturizes and preps your complexion for a fresh start.
Ingredients:
Water/Aqua/Eau, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Peg-240/HDI Copolymer Bis-Decyltetradeceth-20 Ether, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Cucumber Fruit Extract / Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract, Potassium Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol.
Thoughts: At the event, there were tables set up to show the new products. When I stopped to test this product out, I was impressed. The primer had a sticky texture. Whatever you apply on top of will adhere to the sticky primer.
Here's a closer look inside the tub.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and there's a slight scent. It smells like aloe. I found this interesting while sniffing, I felt a cool sensation coming out of the tub. It's refreshing and I actually like the scent while sniffing. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple, clean, and looks professional. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It is easy to throw in your bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is the most interesting factor of this product. When I first started using this product, it was thin and jelly-like. As time went on, the consistency got thicker and became like Jello. I was able to touch the top layer and grab the product. Now I stick my finger inside the primer to grab some product. Even though I stick my finger in the product, the dent isn't there the next time I use it. It just smooths out with time. When I apply the primer, it feels like a mixture of gel and water. It feels nice on the skin. It's refreshing and leaves a slightly sticky texture. The sticky texture lasts for couple of minutes. I recommend applying foundation, concealer, and so on within that time. With that said, it's easy to use. I just grab the product and apply on my face. Then I apply foundation as soon as possible while it's sticky. I just compared foundation on my hand with and without primer. I thought with the primer it would grab more foundation, but it looked the same to my naked eyes. There's a possibility I might be applying wrong. I did notice the foundation with the primer looked smoother than without. It makes sense the skin absorbed the primer and hydrated the skin. For this reason, it has less fine lines making the foundation smoother than without the primer. Everything is starting to make sense to me. The last couple of months I was testing out a sample of Smashbox foundation. It's supposed to be high coverage foundation. I was drawn for that reason but the makeup artist did not recommend on dry skin. I have normal to dry skin, but I wanted a high coverage foundation. For this reason, I wanted to test this foundation out. At first, I would apply on top of another primer. The foundation would not move or blend. I applied with sponges, brushes, and even my fingers. I had such a bad experience with the foundation. Then I decided to use this primer and the foundation was another story. It would blend easily with sponges, brushes, and even my fingers. With that said, it's light-weight, not greasy, and extremely comfortable on the skin. Also, a little goes a long way with this product. You only need a small amount for the entire face. I recommend for normal to dry skin individuals. Lastly, I'm glad I got this product. It's a good primer. It's definitely good for my dry skin!

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while using.
* Cool sensation coming out of the tub.
* Simple, clean, and professional looking packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Gel-like consistency.
* Refreshing.
* Leaves a slightly sticky texture.
* Easy to sue.
* Foundation looks smoother.
* Hydrating.
* Shows less fine lines.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy.
* Comfortable.
* Little goes a long way.

Cons:
* Primer gets thicker with time.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other NYX products reviewed/swatch:
Butter Lipsticks
Chunky Dunk Hydrating Lippie
Pink Bikini
Filler Instinct Plumping Lip Polish
Cheap Fills
Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick
Soft-Spoken
Luv Out Loud Liquid Lipstick
Brave
Brilliant
Confident
Extraordinary
Fearless
Passionate
Macaron Lippie
Violet
Ombre Blush
Strictly Chic
Ombre Lip Duo
Rags & Riches

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...