Monday, February 17, 2020

Mount Lai The De-Puffing Jade Facial Roller

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In November 2018, I purchased some products from Sephora.
Here's my purchase. I already reviewed Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint in Uncuffed (bottom left), Kat Von D Best of Nudes Mini Studded Kiss Creme Lipstick Set (top right), and Natasha Denona Mini Star Palette (middle). For this post, I will review the the facial roller from Mount Lai in the top left.

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at mountlai.com
Price: $34

Made in China

Description from the website: A breath of calmness in your busy life. A daily ritual, an act of self care.

What it is:
The jade facial roller is a Chinese skincare tool that has been used for thousands of years. Perfected throughout the centuries, this facial massager was built to have a de-puffing, soothing effect on the skin.

What it does:
Besides improving overall health and radiance of the skin, jade rolling has a multitude of benefits.

* Reduces puffiness of the face
* Promotes lymphatic drainage
* Relieves facial and jaw tension
* Boosts circulation to encourage glowing skin

Due to natural variations in stone, every jade roller is unique in pattern and color. The stones + crystals we use are authentic and natural. We do not artificially dye or treat the stones to let their true beauty shine through.
Thoughts: For years I've been wanting to try a facial roller, but I wasn't too sure which one was the best one. I read good reviews on Sephora and decided to finally purchase one.
Here's how it looks inside the package.
Here's a closer look at the facial roller inside the package.
Here's a closer look at the facial roller.
Here's a closer look at the wider roller.
Here's a closer look at the shorter roller.
Here's a picture of the short roller not attached to the handle.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no scent whatsoever even when I first opened the package. That's a huge plus. Secondly, I really liked the packaging. It's simple, clean, and it has a magnetic closure. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the lid. Not only that, I liked the inside as well. It has a satin cloth where you can place the facial roller and it will not budge. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. Even though it's travel-friendly, I can see the corners bending. It is made out of cardboard paper. It bends with time from hard pressure. Now for the facial roller itself, it's really pretty. It's made out of jade with thick wire on the sides. I love looking at the jade. It's marbleized and really pretty. I like green but I wouldn't say it's my favorite color. This particular green is pretty. Not only that, it comes with two size rollers. The bigger size is for bigger areas like cheekbones, foreheads, and so on. The smaller size is for around the eyes, smile lines, and so on. With that said, I was kind of disappointed. The smaller side facial roller was not attached to the handle. As soon as I took it out of the package, the smaller side fell in my hand. For the price, you expect it to be better or at least I do. Third, it's easy to use. After I apply the serum, I would use the roller. I use the bigger side to roll from inside out. For example, I roll next to my nose to cheekbones. Then I lift and repeat from next to my nose to cheekbones. I continue each area for ten times. Once I am done with the bigger roller, I would continue with the smaller. I apply eye cream and repeat around the eyes, in-between the eyebrows, and smile lines. It's that easy! Since I've been using this facial roller for several months, I can see the benefits. The cool sensation from the jade will circulate the blood flow. It's like giving your face a massage but you are using a facial roller instead of a hand. It also reduces puffiness from the cool sensation. Since I'm not as young as I used to be, I need all the prevention as possible. I need to circulate my skin to prevent future wrinkles. It is up to the individual but I use the facial roller twice a day; once in the morning and once at night. Since I've been using this, I noticed my skin looks more alert and alive. It has improved discoloration and help diminish fine lines. Lastly, it's easy to wash. I had to research but they recommend washing it under water with light soap. If you wash before using the product, I recommend washing it under cold water. The coldness of the jade helps with the puffiness. I'm glad I got this product. I really like the product itself. I just wish they were attached as one. I've been using it as two different rollers. The bigger one with the handle and the smaller side alone.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Simple, clean packaging.
* Comes with a magnetic closure, can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Comes with a satin cloth inside the packaging.
* Facial roller will not budge inside the packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Pretty, green, marbleized jade.
* Comes with two size rollers.
* Easy to use.
* Cooling.
* Circulate the blood flow.
* Massage the skin.
* Reduces puffiness.
* Prevent future wrinkles.
* Skin looks more alert and alive.
* Improved discoloration.
* Diminish fine lines.
* Easy to wash.

Cons:
* Not cheap.
* Corners of the packaging will bend from hard pressure.
* Smaller side roller was not attached to the handle.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...