Monday, February 24, 2020

innisfree My Real Squeeze Mask EX in Manuka Honey

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

My T.J.Maxx has been rocking with great name brands sheet masks end of last year. This was my second purchase. I believe I bought it in early December 2019.
Here's my haul. For this post, I will review the sheet masks from innisfree on the right.

Where to purchase: innisfree and online at us.innisfree.com
Price: $1.80 for 0.67 fl oz/ 20 mL (1 sheet)

Made in Korea

Description from the package: This moisturizing essence-type real mask, enriched with abundant nourishment from Manuka honey, replenishes moisture on dry, rough skin.
Ingredients:
WATER, GLYCERIN, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, ALCOHOL, BETAINE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE, CENTELLA ASIATICA EXTRACT, PAEONIA SUFFRUTICOSA ROOT EXTRACT, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT, PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, XANTHAN GUM, CARBOMER, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM PALMITOYL SARCOSINATE, HONEY EXTRACT, FRAGRANCE, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CITRUS UNSHIU PEEL EXTRACT, OPUNTIA COCCINELLIFERA FRUIT EXTRACT, ORCHID EXTRACT, CAMELLIA JAPONICA LEAF EXTRACT
Thoughts: When I saw innisfree, I grabbed all the different kinds they had. It was only two. I didn't have to think twice. I've always wanted to try their masks and this gave me a good chance.
Here's a closer look at individual sheet masks.
Here's a closer look at the sheet mask.
Here's how the sheet masks look on me.
Here's a closer look at the flap on the sides.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while using. It's so light I cannot distinguish the smell and it only lasts for couple of seconds. I just sniffed the product and there's a light smell. It smells more like lemon to me but I cannot tell. Secondly, mine came in ten but it looks like they sell it individually on the website. I will talk about individual packaging. The picture is shiny but everything else is matte. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of foil-like packaging. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. The dimension of the mask is alright. The width fits me perfectly. If you have wider face than me, it might not fit you. The length on the other hand can be a little better. It did not cover the corners of my forehead and I have a small forehead to begin with. The dimension of the nose is way too short. The width and the length did not fit my wide nose. It didn't cover the sides and the length wasn't even close to the tips. It's also cut horizontally straight. The thickness of the mask is nice. I would say it's medium. I can unfold without worrying about ripping. I don't need to be that careful. The one thing I found interesting about the mask is the flaps on the sides of the forehead. I have never seen this in any sheet masks ever. I realized the flaps are there to help pull the mask off the skin. I'm so used to pulling without the flaps that I thought it was a waste of space. Third, there's a lot of essence in the mask and leftover. When I pull the mask out of the package, I can feel the wetness. Even though it's wet, it does not drip. Not only that, I used the leftover essence on my neck and chest. With that said, it's easy to use. It says to mask for 10 to 20 minutes. I masked for 30 minutes. I'm just used to masking for that long. Towards the end of masking, I noticed the dry spots of the mask will not be as clear as it was in the beginning. Once you take the mask off, the skin glows and looks even. Even though it hydrates the skin, it doesn't completely get rid of the thick lines. I can see the lines on my forehead very clearly. Fine lines, on the other hand, I do not see at all. Lastly, my skin looks alright the next day. It's not the best but it's not the worst. I can see the fine lines starting to show. It isn't as deep but I can see it. I'm glad I got to try this mask. It's an alright mask. I have seen better results on me. It might be different if it's used consistency. The skin can improve but I like results after the first mask.

Pros:
* Slight scent while using.
* Well-made and sturdy mask.
* Travel-friendly.
* Width of the mask fits perfectly.
* Thickness is medium; did not have to worry about ripping while unfolding.
* Flaps on the sides of the forehead; help to pull the mask off.
* Leftover essence; used on neck and chest.
* Easy to use.
* Skin glows.
* Skin looks even.
* Hydrating.
* Diminishes the fine lines.

Cons:
* Can be hard to find in stores.
* Did not cover the corners of the forehead.
* Dimension of the nose can be better; width and length did not fit.
* Nose is cut horizontally straight.
* Flaps on the sides of the forehead; waste of space.
* Can see the thick lines.
* Fine lines starts showing the next day.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...