Friday, January 10, 2020

Make Up For Ever 9 Artist Shadow Palette in Shadows 1

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me/bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In 2016 mid-year, I helped out with Make Up For Ever. For helping out, I received some products.

Here are the products I received. I already reviewed Make Up For Ever Instant Brush Cleanser (top left). For this post, I will review the eyeshadow palette on the top right.
Product Review: Make Up For Ever 9 Artist Shadow Palette in Shadows 1

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at makeupforever.com
Price: unknown for 9 x 1.8 g/ 9 x 0.06 oz

Made in Italy

Description from the package: This palette contains a selection of 3 perfectly matched Artist Shadow trios to create 3 easy and effortless nude looks.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: I've been wanting to try this palette for the longest time but I kept getting newer palettes. I would review one palette at a time. When it came for me to test them out, I would reach for the newer palettes. I got to a point I did not have any and for that reason, I reached for this particular palette. I knew I would like it since it's on the neutral side.
Here's a closer look.
Here's a closer look at the nine eyeshadows from top to bottom and  left to right; I-528 (Pearl), I-514 (Pink Ivory), ME-512 (Gold Champagne), S-556, D-562 (Taupe Platinium), Me-644 (Iced Brown), S-102, I-544 (Pink Granite), and D-652 (Celestial Earth).
Here's a closer look at one of the shadows; ME-512 (Gold Champagne).
Here's a swatch of the first row on my hand from left to right; I-528 (Pearl), I-514 (Pink Ivory), and ME-512 (Gold Champagne).
Here's a swatch of the second row on my hand from left to right; S-556, D-562 (Taupe Platinium), and Me-644 (Iced Brown).
Here's a swatch of the third row on my hand from left to right; S-102, I-544 (Pink Granite), and D-652 (Celestial Earth).

Look #1:
I applied ME-512 (Gold Champagne) on the lids, and blended the crease and outer v with D-652 (Celestial Earth).
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Supercharged Lipstick in Ruby Bonbon on the lips.

Look #2:
I applied D-562 (Taupe Platinium) on the lids, and blended the crease and outer v with D-652 (Celestial Earth).
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with MAC Powder Kiss Lipstick in Sultry Move on the lips.

Look #3:
I applied I-544 (Pink Granite) on the lids, and blended the crease and outer v with D-652 (Celestial Earth). Also, I apologize for the bad quality picture.
Here's the same look at different angle.
Here's an overall look with Becca Ultimate Lipstick Love in Orchid on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple, clean, and I like the design on the palette. To be honest, I was drawn to the packaging or mostly the design. It's cute! With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick cardboard paper. It's pretty heavy and there are no bends in the corners. Since the palette is matte, there are fingerprints and shadow marks outside and in. The lid is sturdy as well. There's a magnetic closure on the top of the inner lid. You can feel a tight seal, as well as, a clicking noise when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to store in your purse and bag. It also comes with a mirror. The size of the mirror is decent. You can actually use it. If you want a palette with a brush, this isn't it. You need to use your own or even your fingers are good enough. Third, the consistency is buttery soft. It feels good in-between the fingers. It comes with mostly shimmer shadows but there are two mattes. With that said, it's easy to use. I grab with the brush and apply onto the lids. The brush picks up the colors easily and applies smoothly on the lids. They blend well together and you can see the transition of colors. Honestly, you don't need another palette. It has all the colors in one palette from lids, darker colors to darken, and a highlight color under the brow. I did use another palette for the highlight under the brow. I wanted a matte look since I used a lot of shimmers on the lids. Fourth, the colors are on the neutral side. You can wear it all year round, as well as, for work. If you don't want a neutral palette, this isn't for you. Even though it's neutral, I think it's more on the cool tone than warm. You can also smoke it out with the darker colors. Pigmentation-wise it's decent. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but for a neutral, it's pigmented. One or two layers were good enough for my skin tone. This will be great for light to medium skin. It might not show up on darker skin. Lastly, it lasted all day. I did not see any smudging or fading. It looks like how I applied. Then again I have dry skin and everything lasts longer on me. I'm glad I got this product. It's my type of palette. I love my neutrals! Even though this palette isn't around anymore, you can get most of the colors as singles. I put the names next to the numbers for the ones you can get singles for. For example, D-652 (Celestial Earth).

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Simple, clean packaging with a cute design.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* No bends in the corners of the packaging.
* Sturdy lid; can feel a tight seal and clicking noise when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Comes with a mirror you can use.
* Buttery soft consistency.
* Mostly shimmer colors and two mattes.
* Easy to use.
* Brush picks up the colors easily.
* Applies smoothly on the lids.
* Colors blend well.
* Doesn't look like one color on the lids; can see the transition between the shadows.
* Don't need another palette.
* Cool tone neutral palette.
* Great for all year and work.
* Pigmented.
* Great for light to medium skin tones.
* No smudging.
* No fading.
* Lasted all day.

Cons:
* Heavy packaging.
* Fingerprints and shadow marks all over the packaging.
* Not around anymore.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Make Up For Ever products reviewed/swatch:
Artist Lip Blush
Arty Blossom Palette
Artist Liquid Matte
Praline
HD Blush
HD Foundation
HD Primer
Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick
Sens'Eyes
Water Blend Face & Body Foundation
Y315

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me/bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...