Friday, January 3, 2020

Becca Party Popper Ultimate Lipstick Love Mini Kit in Sugar, Orchid, and Rosewood

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

End of November 2019, I purchased some products from ULTA.

Here's my haul. For this post, I will review the lipstick set from Becca on the right.
Product Review: Becca Party Popper Ultimate Lipstick Love Mini Kit in Sugar, Rosewood, and Orchid

Where to purchase: ULTA, Sephora, and online at beccacosmetics.com
Price: $25 for 6 g/ 0.21 oz

Made in Canada

Description from the package: Party all night with 8-hour, longwearing lip colour! The limited-edition kit features a clutch-friendly trio of our bestselling Ultimate Lipstick Love shades in Sugar, Orchid and Rosewood. The moisturizing, silky satin lip colour is infused with hyaluronic acid coated in botanical oils to hydrated and smooth the appearance of lips. With pure colour pigments and avocado and olive oils, the nourishing formula instantly drenches lips in long-lasting luminous colour.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: For the longest time, I've been wanting to try Becca lipsticks. This deluxe sample kit was a good opportunity, and I knew I would wear two out of the three shades.
Here's a closer look at the packaging. This particular color is Orchid.
Here's a closer look at Sugar. The website describes it as "cool light pinky beige" and I have to agree. This is also the full quantity of the product. I pulled the lipstick all the way up.
Here's a closer look at Orchid. The website describes it as "cool pinky plum" and I have to agree.
Here's a closer look at Rosewood, The website describes it as "warm rich rose" and I partially agree. It is definitely warm and rich. I don't know if I would say it's a rose color.
Here's a swatch of the lipsticks on my hand from left to right; Sugar, Orchid, and Rosewood.
Here's how Sugar looks on me.
 Here's an overall look with Make Up For Ever 9 Artist Shadow Palette in Shadows 1 on the eyes.
Here's how Orchid looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Make Up For Ever 9 Artist Shadow Palette in Shadows 1 on the eyes.
Here's how Rosewood looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Make Up For Ever 9 Artist Shadow Palette in Shadows 1 on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a light scent while applying. I feel like with time it gets stronger for couple of minutes. It might be mental because I never recognized the scent before. It's so light I cannot distinguish the smell. It just feels musky but not to the point it's bothersome. I just sniffed the lipsticks, and they all have the same smell. It's musky with a vanilla feel to it. It's not my type of scent but it's not strong at all. Secondly, I have the mini-sized lipsticks. It's not the full-size but I believe the packaging is the same. I will only talk about the mini-sized since I don't own the full-size. It's simple, clean, and shiny. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. I wouldn't say it's thick plastic. It feels on the medium. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal, as well as, a noise when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also small enough to hold with one hand. To be honest, I'm impressed there are no fingerprints. I would have thought there would be with the shiny texture. There's also no scratches at all. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's glides on and does not tug on the lips. With that said, it's easy to use. I use the sharp tip to outline the lips and the flat surface to fill in the remaining. It leaves a nice, smooth, shiny texture. It's not glossy looking but it's definitely not matte. If you are looking for glittery/metallic lipstick, this isn't it. I did notice slight streaking with Sugar. You can blend out the streaking with more layers. The other two colors, Orchid and Rosewood, had no streaking whatsoever. It's light-weight, not greasy, not sticky, and doesn't really feel like you are wearing anything. It feels like lip balm. Fourth, the colors are all decent. Sugar is a light nude, Orchid is medium pinkish purple, and Rosewood is on the bright reddish pink. Sugar will be great all year round and for work. Orchid will be great for spring, summer, and fall. Rosewood will be great for fall and winter. There's one thing I found interesting with these lipsticks. On the bottom where the name of the colors are listed, it has either "C" or "W" for cool or warm. Sugar and Orchid are on the cool tone, whereas, Rosewood is warm. Pigmentation-wise Orchid and Rosewood are decent. Sugar is on the lighter side but that is expected with a light colors. One to two layers were good enough. Lastly, they lasted until I ate. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth while eating. For this reason, they don't last that long on me. If you don't wipe your mouth while eating, it should last longer. It's also comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got these lipsticks. To be honest, I don't know if I would touch Rosewood that much but I definitely will use Orchid often. I thought I would like Sugar the best but I ended up liking Orchid. Not only that, these lipsticks are supposed to be hydrating. It definitely did not dry out my lips while wearing them!

Pros:
* Light scent while applying.
* Simple, clean, and shiny packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal and a noise when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* No fingerprints.
* No scratches.
* Creamy and medium consistency.
* Glides on.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Easy to use.
* Leaves a nice, smooth, shiny texture.
* No glitters.
* Light-weight.
* No greasy.
* Not sticky.
* Sugar is great all year round.
* Orchid is great for spring, summer, and fall.
* Rosewood is great for fall and winter.
* Above the name on the bottom of the packaging, it tells you if it's cool or warm tone.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Hydrating.
* Lasted until I ate.

Cons:
* Slight streaking with Sugar.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Becca products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...