Monday, January 13, 2020

Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter Body Butter

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In January 2019, I bought some body moisturizers from ULTA.

Here are the products I bought. I already reviewed Soap & Glory No Woman No Dry Hydrating Body Butter (left). For this post, I will review the Soap & Glory moisturizer on the right.
This is Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter Body Butter. Since I did a thorough review of Soap & Glory No Woman No Dry Hydrating Body Butter, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look inside.
Here's a swatch of the moisturizer on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a scent while using. It's on the sweet side but more so on the floral side. It's actually a decent scent. I actually like the smell. I just sniffed the product and it smells like how you applied it. The scent also last several minutes before you get used to it. Then you don't notice the scent anymore. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's simple, pink, and the design sticks out among other packaging. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the packaging. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your bag and also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and medium. It's not too thick that you need to massage a long time to be absorbed into the skin. It's also not too thin that it runs everywhere. It's a good consistency. I think it's good for normal to dry skin. It might be too thick for oily skin individuals. It also might be too thin for the dry. winter weather if your skin is really dry. I'm actually finding it okay with my dry skin. With that said, it's easy to use. I just scoop the product out of the tub with my hand, and massage it onto the skin. Scooping the product out of the tub with your hand might not be the most sanitary safe, but make sure to wash your hands before doing so. It will at least help. Also, it's good spending time massaging. Being able to spend time massaging is relaxing both for the mind and the skin. It's also good for the body to get some love and care. We don't do that often. We need to slow down in this fast paced life, and I am talking about myself. With that said, it easily absorbs into the skin or at least my skin loves the product. It leaves a nice, smooth, shiny texture. Skin looks hydrated, it's light-weight, not greasy, not sticky, and skin feels good. Lastly, it lasts until my next shower. I tend to moisturize my body in-between showers. If it doesn't last, then I know it's too drying for me. I'm glad I got this product. It's definitely a lot better than No Woman No Dry Hydrating Body Butter from the same brand. It doesn't leave a nasty smell on my jeans and I can endure this product. Even though I like it a lot better and I enjoyed using this body butter, I prefer other body butters. They just work and feel better on my dry skin.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Soap & Glory products reviewed/swatch:
Body Butter

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...