Monday, May 19, 2014

Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

My nails are finally stronger to wear nail polish. I've been leaving them alone to grow naturally. It's been weak from being sick for 3 weeks. My Manicure Monday will be back next week. Even though I'm not posting Manicure Monday, I will post a review related to nails. I'm going to review a product from Butter London.

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at butterlondon.com
Price: $19 for 17.5 mL/ 0.6 fl oz

Made in USA

Description from the website: A great top coat is a necessity for longer lasting manicures. Our Hardwear P.D. Quick Top Coat protects the layers of colour beneath it, and gives a super-shiny finish. Nails look wet, vibrant, and freshly painted even when they are dry. Of course it's also 3 Free, like all our products. In case you were wondering, P.D. Quick stands for 'Pretty Darn Quick'!
Thoughts: When I saw this topcoat in the clearance bin at Nordstrom Rack, I thought why not try it out. I like Butter London polishes but wasn't too sure what to expect. I haven't heard anything about this topcoat in the blogospheres so I'm going in with a clear state.
Just like their polishes, it comes with an extra top.
The brush compared to OPI, I consider as the medium width, is on the thin side.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I tend to have an issue with thin brushes. They just take longer to polish each nails but when it comes to base/top coats, I actually don't mind. It doesn't matter the width of the brushes. They're all quick or at least to me they are. Secondly, this goes on smoothly and there's no streaking/bubbles. I actually like the consistency of the topcoat. It's not too thick that it's gets clumpy and it's not too thin that it drips to the side. With that said, I'm curious how the consistency will be in the future. My favorite topcoat has always been Seche Vite, but the thing I hate about Seche Vite is that it gets thick half-way through the bottle. You need a thinner to thin it out. I'm wondering if this is the case with this topcoat but unfortunately, I won't find out until I get half-way. I only finished 1/4 of it. Third, it's very similar to Seche Vite in the sense that it makes your polishes shiny. If you're not into shiny topcoat, then this isn't the product for you. Lastly and when it comes to drying factor, the reason why I love Seche Vite is how quick it dries. A lot of topcoats say they dry quick but they don't. This actually dry quick but I wouldn't say Seche Vite quick dry. It takes a little bit longer, but I have to say this is the second fastest drying topcoat I have used.

Pros:
* 3 Free.
* Perfect consistency.
* Easy to apply.
* No streaking.
* No bubbles.
* Smooth layer.
* Shiny.
* Dries quick.

Cons:
* Costly.
* It comes with 2 tops.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Butter London products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

10 comments:

Manasi said...

Nice review dear!

www.indianfashionandlifestyle.com

Lucie said...

I like the shape of the bottle! I'm like you, when it comes to top coat, I don't mind if the brush is thin. And it's a very good point that there is no streaking with this top coat. I hate when my manicure is ruined because of that!

Bijin Blair said...

Both Seche Vite & Butter London are sold here! I gotta find out which is cheaper LOL

Kim A. said...

I'm a Butter London girl overall. It's good to hear that this works and is good. Great review. I hadn't purchased this, because I wanted to read a review on it. Will definitely purchase after what you said. The double caps bother me to, but I love their formula.


http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Ahleessa said...

Thank you!

Ahleessa said...

I totally agree with everything you said. :)

Ahleessa said...

Seche Vite topcoat is cheaper here, but I don't know over there. :P

Ahleessa said...

I think you would love this product if you're a Butter London girl. :)

Vini @dndb! said...

I don't think they are available in india :(
www.dndb.in

Ahleessa said...

Sorry to hear that! :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...